If you are an Estimator with experienced in biotech, life science, and advanced technology projects, please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Since 1992, we've grown from our humble roots to become the contractor of choice for highly technical and challenging commercial projects as a leading sustainable building and commercial interior construction specialist. With a strong presence in the San Francisco and Silicon Valley areas, our list of clientele has grown over the year to include some of the country's most widely recognized and celebrated brands. We now have 3 offices across the Bay Area that allow us to better serve industry leaders in the biotechnology, environmental services, finance, health & wellness, law, media, real estate, retail, and manufacturing & technology space.
What You Will Be Doing
- Able to perform all Estimator responsibilities
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing
- Coordinate subcontract solicitations and job walks
- Determine labor and construction equipment costs
- Prepare conceptual estimates
- Meet and maintain bidding and work schedules
- Submit requisitions for purchase of materials
- Compare competitive trade bids
- Review preliminary quotes and pre-bid estimates with Project Manager
- Secure all bid documents (bid forms and quote letters)
- Prepare subcontractor bid list and submit drawings to subcontractors
- Participate in bid compilation on bid day
- Assist jobsite staff with estimates after bid award
- Perform post-bid buyouts (if applicable)
- Maintain good relationship with suppliers and subcontractors
- Supervise and train estimating staff (if applicable)
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field of study
- 5+ Years of General Contractor experience with related project experience in commercial construction (preferably, with project experience focused in biotech, lab, and advanced technology construction)
- Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings
- Working knowledge of construction costs and principles
- Estimating experience (quantity takeoffs, purchasing accounting; engineering design knowledge and project management experience desirable)
- Drafting and computer skills
What's In It for You
- Competitive Base Salary (Depending on Experience)
- Performance-based Annual Bonus
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Employee's Choice of Company-Provided Vehicle or Car Allowance & Gas Card
- 401k (with match!)
- Company-provided benefits (partially subsidized)
- 529 College Saving Plan!
- Company-provided Financial Advisor
- Signatory to the Carpenter's and Laborer's Union!
So, if you are an Estimator looking to grow your career with a recognized leader in commercial construction across the Bay Area, please apply today!
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : PW2-1684097 -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Pat Ward - Recruiting Manager - CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.