Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Engineer SEnior, manufacturing
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY & HEART FAILURE, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
Do you…. Want to make a difference in patient lives? Join a diverse, high caliber, and agile team? Work on awesome products in all stages of the product lifecycle?
We are seeking an experienced Engineer Senior, Manufacturing to join our team. This position will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing and operations of Abbott Heart Failure medical devices. They will work closely with a cross functional team to meet daily production initiatives while maintaining and improving upon product cost, quality, and safety.
WHAT YOU’LL DO…
- Design and develop manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality.
- Manage projects which include the implementation of new production equipment, process improvements and cost reductions.
- Interface with vendors on component issues & process validations.
- Support and work within cleanroom operations, personnel, and processes.
- Investigate & facilitate resolution of production & technical issues including root cause identification, corrective actions, and error proofing.
- Utilize various tools (DMAIC, Gage R&R, Cp, Cpk, SPC, etc.) to analyze & improve processes, components, & products.
- Drive change orders impacting manufacturing process documentation, product structure, product/component specification changes & improvements.
- Support Process FMEAs and Process Validations.
- Improve product quality, labor efficiency, and throughput using Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Coordinate the design, procurement, build and debug of tooling, machinery and test equipment.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other engineers and technicians.
- Participate as a manufacturing lead and/or support a lead on cross-functional core teams.
- Support new product implementations and work with Product Development to ensure Design for Manufacturability.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING…
- Four-year degree in an engineering technical field, preferably manufacturing, industrial, biomedical, mechanical, electrical.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in medical device and/or other highly regulated industry
- Sustaining medical device and manufacturing related experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to work within a team of various backgrounds in differing geographical locations and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Outside the box thinker focused on internal and external customers.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Lean/Sig-sigma and/or Shingo experience preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit, and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.