Advantage Resourcing is seeking a talented and passionate Engineer/Scientist I QC for our client in Fremont, CA. Do you have what it takes?
Here is your mission should you choose to accept it:
Using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), the QC Engineer/Scientist I will perform routine testing of raw materials. The QC Engineer/Scientist I will be responsible for all aspects of laboratory operations, such as sample receipt, data generation, product verification, data analysis and summarization, out-of-specification investigations, instrument qualifications, and all other QC lab supporting activities.
• Performs routine testing and analysis of raw materials according to established quality control procedures using different instrument platforms.
• Documents test results, complete batch records, document problems and other relevant information under cGMPs.
• Maintains and analyze lot histories for trends and discrepancies.
• Performs initial review on departmental paperwork; completed batch records
• Performs initial troubleshooting of issues which arise during routine analysis, perform out of specification (OOS investigations) and if needed, initiate non-conformance (NCAR) reports.
• Initiates OOS, NCARs and Variances, as required.
• Performs initial troubleshooting of issues which arise during routine analysis under the direction of the Supervisor and Technical Operations.
• Documents test results, problems and other relevant information under cGMPs.
• Performs simple procedure and worksheet revisions, as necessary.
• Participates in departmental meetings.
• Maintain laboratory space and participate in lab clean ups
• Performs other responsibilities to support the needs of the department, as assigned by Supervisor.
• Keeps department lead or supervisors updated on all issues.
• Minimum BS/BA in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Bioscience with 0-2 yrs Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience, preferably in the medical diagnostics industry.
• Strong laboratory skills including pipetting, safety, and hazardous chemical handling. Understanding of cGMP and how it applies to the work environment is preferred.
• High level of reading comprehension and verbal communication skills. Ability to follow written and verbal directions with a high level of accuracy. Must be able to write clear, understandable documentation.
• Manual dexterity must be able to lift/move up to 20 pounds.
• Must be detail oriented and perform the work at a consistent level.
• Intermediate word processing and spreadsheet software skills.
• Strong organizational skills to be able to manage priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to perform simple data analysis and to summarize results. Basic math skills including calculation of concentrations and dilutions and a strong grasp of algebraic concepts.
• Working knowledge of clinical analyzers is a plus.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.