Driver's Assistant / Porter / Laborer Description:
As a Driver's Assistant you will be responsible for assisting the driver during routine maintenance of commercial residential waste, including recycling materials. This position requires frequently transporting (lifting, pushing, and pulling) items weighing up to 50-80 pounds, also maneuvering wheeled dumpsters weighing up to 1500 pounds.
Responsibilities for Driver's Assistant / Porter / Laborer include but are not limited to:
- Sort trash, recycle, and compostable material on site regardless of level. Remove recycle material from trash and remove trash from recycle.
- Manually Compact Trash Bins and Decontaminate Deposit Bins.
- Remove and load large items from property for disposal (i.e., furniture, equipment, mattresses, etc.).
- Cleans trash and debris around trash enclosures and in trash rooms and sweeps the outside/inside of Trash enclosures.
- Upload Before & After pictures as instructed to designated locations on Dropbox and Company website.
- Effectively communicate relevant information to all Company departments including, Operations Support, and/or Supervisor to ensure service levels and operations are sufficiently meeting company standards.
- Ability to work as a team in a positive manner.
- Wear proper protection equipment and company uniform including steel toe, puncture resistant boots.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Driver's Assistant / Porter / Laborer Qualifications:
- Must be able to work daily shift: 4:00AM - 12:30PM (end time may vary)
- Must have a Valid driver's license and clean driving record?
- (no major violations in the last 3 years or more than 2 minor violations including handheld device in the last 3 years)
- Must work well with others and represent the company in a professional manner
- General understanding of recyclable materials
- Experience in waste management or recycling?(Preferred but not required).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) verbal communication?(Preferred but not required).
Benefits for Driver's Assistant / Porter / Laborer:
- Competitive Wages including Bonus Opportunities
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Free Life Insurance)
- Flexible Spending Account with Company Contribution
- 401K with Generous Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Program
Interested applicants please apply here: www.wastexperts.net/careers#join-team
Our Company supplies our Employees with a Company Uniform, Protective Goggles, Face Mask, and various types of Gloves for different assignments. We are a Company that is complying with State Regulation as well as the PPE Code.