Salary + Equity - Fortune 100
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brian Raffle
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $300,000 - $400,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our client, an publicly traded technology company, is looking to add a Director, International Law Counsel to their legal team.
Why join us?
Our client is seeking an experienced and self-motivated technology/commercial transactions attorney to join its legal team. This position will support the procurement of a wide range of technology, products and services, and the management of compliance requirements across suppliers for clients engineering (hardware and software), cloud services, IT, operations/supply chain, UX research, sales (retailer/distribution), and platform groups.
- Draft and negotiate technology/commercials transactions, including but not limited to, manufacturing agreements, component (e.g., SoC) supply agreements, SaaS agreements, enterprise software and technology license agreements, development and collaboration agreements, master service agreements, consulting services agreements, and distribution and logistics agreements.
- Support product and engineering (hardware/software/cloud) teams by providing guidance on a wide range of legal issues, including key commercial terms, IP, privacy laws and regulations.
- Support M&A transactions, including due diligence, negotiation of key IP reps and warranties, and the structuring and negotiation of ancillary licensing and transition services agreements.
- Act as a subject matter expert on intellectual property issues (e.g., copyright, trade secret, trademark and patent) in the context of technology/commercial transactions
- Communicate with executive management and manage outside counsel as needed.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a wide variety of client business units.
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies, and processes to help streamline, simplify, and automate the procurement contracting processes.
- Keep up to date on the latest developments in applicable laws, regulations, and industry trends.
- Have at least 10 years of transactional legal experience with an emphasis on technology (in both hardware and software), at both a law firm and in a corporate legal department.
- Ability to assess risk and determine priorities based on that risk assessment as well as the needs of the business.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and provide risk-appropriate solutions to the business based on excellent legal judgment.
- Proven ability to think clearly and succinctly and cogently articulate a negotiating position as well as draft contracts in clear, concise language.
- Be self-sufficient and know when to ask questions versus when to take the initiative to find solutions without input or assistance from others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on time.
- Familiarity with data protection and privacy issues and concerns in the context of technology and commercial transactions.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage aggressive deadlines.
- Be a team player who can perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a cross-department, cross-functional role requiring good client relationship skills.
- Prior experience working with high-growth technology companies is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctorate degree from a U.S. accredited law school.
- Active Bar License
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.