Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission!
We are looking for a Director, HR Operations and Systems to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to VP, HR Operations and will be based in San Jose, CA.
The Director, HR Operations and Systems will be responsible for the design, implementation and management and optimization of the HR processes, workflows and systems. They will drive the HR organization operational excellence via process redesign and continuous improvement.
Role and Responsibilities:
- HCM, Recruiting, Onboarding, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Management and Reporting.
- Drive the continuous enhancement of our systems capability. Implement Workday manager self-service, and guarantee the efficiency of all Workday bps and functionality
- Identify opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes and partner with teams on implementation of solutions. Perform regular business process reviews to make ongoing suggestions and create action plans
- Ensure proper checks and balances, segregation of duties and meet standard audit and security protocols
- Facilitate and conduct end-user training
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and other SME to facilitate the change management process after implementation of major process or systems changes
- Disrupt status quo and identify process and compliance improvement opportunities.
- Drive the HR analytics strategy and delivery
- Analyze, design, and build new custom reports and dashboards relating to multiple objects and data transformations with Workday reporting functionality.
- Manage the ongoing delivery of people processes and programs, setting objectives and timelines, tracking owners and achievements, and assessing progress and blockers.
- Lead the development and training of HR systems policies and procedures
- Manage the reporting of Human Resources information and establish procedures for processing and maintaining employee data
- Ensure all appropriate audits and compliance of processes, forms and system. Partners with Internal SOX teams for successful SOX and external annual audits, owning remediation plans as required
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years experience leading HRIS and operations in complex organizations
- Workday experience required
- Broad knowledge of HR polices, practices, disciplines and the full employee lifecycle
- Robust experience supporting a multi-country employee base.
- Ability to support various audits and reviews, including external auditors, IRS, DOL, state agencies and workers compensation.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Proven experience at successfully developing & strengthening management controls and operational processes
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, dependable, and organized with a customer service focus.
- Experience managing complex, global HR projects and operationalizing HR policies and strategy
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, build strong relationships and become a trusted partner to relevant stakeholders
- Continuous improvement mindset. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work output and decisions
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.