We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Learn more about Unisys and our key solution offerings: Unisys, Stealth™, CloudForte®, InteliServe™
What success looks like in this role:
- Supports a client company’s VIP user base by applying exceptional technical and interpersonal skills
- Extensive A/V and conference room skills and certifications preferred. - May function as team or site leader providing direction to other technicians
- Provides support for enterprise storage products
- Supports Networking products - including Cisco certification requirements
- Provides support for Payment systems products and Unisys legacy -CMOS products
- Provides support for software, hardware and networking support for desktops, laptops and servers
- Provides maintenance and support on legacy products
- May have project management responsibilities for some projects
- Supports Core, server products
- Performs disk replacement on enterprise storage products
- Installs and maintains PCs and associated software, networks, servers and peripherals
- Supports network products from operational and maintenance perspectives
- Performs installs, moves, adds and changes as required
- Tests and certifies PCs, networks, servers and client approved applications
- Provides follow-up on problems or escalation.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
- Ensures customer satisfaction throughout the service delivery transaction.
- Ensures client specific Service Level Agreements are met and incident and request tickets are updated accordingly within the ticketing system
- Supports Core, server products and storage products
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- High school diploma required
- 4-6 years of hands on technical experience
- 4 years of technical institute, polytechnic and/or military technical school with applicable field service and/or other related technical experience
- Bachelor’s Degreeor 4 years of technical institute, polytechnic and/or military technical school with applicable field service and/or other related technical experience
- High degree of interpersonal skills Demonstrated capability and experience supporting VIP clients
- Ability to manage small teams of technicians via an indirect management style
- A+ certification
- Specific Manufacturers certifications as required. i.e. EMC, Dell, Cisco, Microsoft, Apple, Unisys. COMPTIA, and NETWORKPLUS
- Troubleshooting software and hardware problems
- Knowledgeable in servers, Microsoft/Linux/Unix applications, network protocol, internetworking, configuration, and possess advanced PC support capability. and knowledge of client-specific internal procedures and service delivery requirements.
- Ability to test and certify PC, networks, servers and client /Unisys approved software applications and associated peripherals
- Excellent analytical and client communication skills ability to use considerable judgment and initiative with the a ability to recommend solutions.
- Client and/or governmental clearance may be required
- Microsoft Server Certified Professional Certification and/or CCNA Certification is an added advantage.
- Basics understanding of Cloud Technology – storage or virtual machine is an added advantage.
- Police or criminal background verification may be required