Delivery Driver/Courier (Flexible Schedule)
About the Role
Alto Pharmacy is searching for Part-Time Delivery Drivers. Delivery Drivers are responsible for getting prescriptions to Alto patients in a timely manner. You will begin your day by making your way to our Pharmacy located in San Jose to pick up the packages before you begin your route.
Earnings and Perks:
- Hourly Rate - $20.6 / hour
- Cell phone stipend: Up to $50 towards your phone bill per month.
- Mileage reimbursement: We reimburse you $0.585 per mile you drive
Available Delivery Shifts (Routes are up to 4 hours in length.)
- Monday - Friday:
- 12:15 PM
- 5:45 PM
- Saturday - Sunday:
- 1:45 PM
- Arrive at our pharmacy on time for your shift to pick up packages before you begin your route
- Make efficient and timely deliveries to various locations
- Deliver prescriptions to patients while ensuring a great customer experience
- Drive your vehicle in accordance with traffic regulations and observe traffic lights, other vehicles and pedestrians on the street to avoid accidents. Must comply with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Submit your availability weekly and utilize internal scheduling tools to monitor your work hours
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are authorized to work in the United States
- You have a valid Driver’s License and have a good driving record
- You have access to a reliable vehicle to make your deliveries
- You have General Liability Insurance & Valid Motor Vehicle Registration
- You have a track record of good attendance, positive attitude, and flexibility
- You are flexible to drive within any of our delivery zones
- You are conversational in English and have a passion for customer service
- You have a sense of urgency
Additional Physical Requirements
- Reading English, comprehending, and following simple oral and written instructions. Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Environmental Conditions: occasional exposure to low temperatures or high temperatures, outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind, and noisy environments.
- Occasionally ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like.
- Lift, carry, and /or push/pull various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while using proper technique up to 20 lbs.
- Operating motor vehicles.
- Occasional sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.