Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumHealth is currently seeking a Data Scientist II with a solid data science background who wants to join our team. You will be part of the marketing analytics, modeling and testing team within OptumHealth Product Marketing. This team is responsible for providing insights, analytics and personalization services to product marketers. You should be an exceptionally well disciplined and self-motivated individual with predictive modeling experience and proven experience delivering business impact on a portfolio of projects. This person will have analytical mindset and yet will be adept at translating highly technical information to a non-technical audience.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create and deliver standard consumer insights around consumer profiling, market sizing, and target market analysis to key stakeholders
- Develop predictive models based on demographic, psychographic, econometric and statistical data that deliver insights related to member enrollment
- Undertake rigorous and meticulous data analysis to extract and distill key population insights that will be consumed by functions such as business strategy, product marketing, and consumer marketing
- Implementing robust testing strategies leading to marketing optimizations, program effectiveness and attribution of marketing mix elements
- Develop presentations around insights to be delivered to constituents at all levels: strategic, tactical, operational, and across function: marketing, operations, finance, sales
- Jointly solution, with key business areas, around the appropriate analytics tools to solve their business issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative / business field such as Economics, Statistics, or Business Management
- 3+ years of statistical modeling experience in applications such as but not limited to R, Python, DataBricks, SAS Enterprise Miner or SQL
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis (e.g., content analysis, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., cluster analysis, inferential statistics)
- Solid knowledge of extracting and developing key consumer insights within a population
- Proficiency in distilling insights and presenting to business leadership
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Marketing experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Scientist II, Data Scientist, Agile, Python, Analytical, Analysis, Data, Databricks, SAS Enterprise Miner, SQL, Qualitative Analysis, Quantitative Analysis, Marketing, Economics, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote