TITLE: Data Scientist
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time (W2)
LOCATION: Mountain View, CA
From AI/ML to next-generation communications, WorldLink is the engine driving transformation for the world's leading enterprises, bringing top talent, skills, and technology expertise together to power the next generation of innovations. Collaborative. Respectful. Work hard Play hard. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at WorldLink. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. We take pride in our employees and their future with continued growth and career advancement. We put TEAM first. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We're grounded by humility and driven by ambition, we're passionate, and we love tough problems and new challenges. You don't hear a lot of "I don't know how" or "I can't" at WorldLink. If you are passionate about what
you do and having fun while doing it; tired of rigid and strict work environments and would like to work in a non-bureaucratic startup cultural environment, WorldLink may be the place for you. For more information about our craft, visit https://worldlink-us.com.
• Develop predictive models on large-scale datasets to address various business problems leveraging
advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques.
• Apply machine learning and data science techniques and design distributed systems.
• Research and develop statistical models for analysis.
• Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
• Build in-bound and out-bound integration from various applications with our data-lake.
• Use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing’, identifying and addressing gaps in their existing logging and processes.
• Deep understanding of data architecture, Machine learning methods, Schema design, and dimensional data modeling.
• Hands-on experience with object-oriented programming languages (Java, Python, C++, Scala, Perl, etc.).
• Experience in analyzing large datasets to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies.
• Ability to see redundant parts of the pipeline, optimize and automate boring parts.
• Ability to tune schemas (i.e. partitions, compression, distribution) to minimize costs and maximize
• Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision.
Required Skills and Experiences:
• 3+ years of experience.
• Bachelors, Master’s or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or statistics
• 3+ Years of experience with building end-to-end systems based on machine learning or deep learning methods (ETL, modeling and deployment)
Experience in statistical and data mining techniques (like boosting, generalized linear models/regression,
random forests, trees, and social network analysis)
• Knowledge of advanced statistical methods and concepts
• Experience working with machine learning techniques such as artificial neural networks, clustering, and decision tree learning
• Experience using web services like Digital Ocean, Redshift, S3.
• Experience with real-time data pipelines using Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ.
• 3+ years of experience building statistical models and manipulating data sets
• Experience working with distributed data and computing tools like Hadoop, Hive, Map/Reduce, MySQL, and Spark