The Customer Service Representative position for the Home Medical Equipment (HME) division, must possess excellent customer service and telephone skills. Ability to interact with patients, caregivers and team members to ensure equipment needs are met. Work in a call center team environment.
- Receive equipment requests via telephone and fax/email. Review equipment needs with RNs/ Program Team Members and families and provide necessary follow-up communication of customer service.
- Ensures customer satisfaction is obtained by answering questions, resolving issues and using proper telephone etiquette.
- Maintains communication with Dispatcher regarding equipment orders and patient concerns.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and resolves service related issues.
- Coordinate delivery times with patient/families and Medical Service Technician (MST), and schedule deliveries, pick-up, and service by priority. Assure pre-calls completed and documented for all service requests.
- Assist with organizing and routing MST daily delivery tickets.
- Organize daily office operations, i.e. schedule orders, return phone calls, and assist Technicians with patient/family and VITAS HME staff communication.
- Represent VITAS professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Function within federal, state, local, VITAS Healthcare and professional guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within VITAS Healthcare.
- Schedule daily preventative maintenance into MST’s route.
- Process aspects of department care plan with teams and generate reassessment requests.
- Process difficult equipment orders such as lost equipment and locate responsible parties to schedule equipment pick-up.
- Process equipment special order requests.
- Perform daily filing and routine office functions.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Adhere to all safety and security policy and procedures.
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills.
- Answers inbound calls timely and adheres to call script guidelines.
- Attend and participate in related company committees and meetings.
- Complete all required training for the position during the first year of employment.
- Maintain positive work relations with staff members.
- Participate in other projects as assigned.
- Accurate and legible documentation.
- Must be computer proficient.
- Possess strong customer service, phone and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with medical equipment preferred.
- Possess strong data entry skills.
- Ability to handle large call volume.
- Work on multiple tasks simultaneously prioritizes workload, and work in conjunction with department employees in an office setting.
- Complete tasks with minimum supervision, exercising independent judgment.
- Satisfactorily complete job related competencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES San Francisco Ordinance
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.