About the Team
The DoorDash Kitchens team is a part of DoorDash's New Delivery Models and launches and operates shared 'dark kitchens' for restaurateurs looking to grow their business. This is a small but mighty team helping scale DoorDash Kitchens.
About the Role
You'll cook multiple culinary concepts and manage the daily operations of our first DoorDash operated kitchen. You will oversee inventory, ordering, scheduling the culinary team and ensuring that food orders are cooked and fulfilled to the highest standard. You will manage multiple cooks that work in the kitchen to make sure they are successful, operating with quality and speed while maintaining food safety compliance. You will report to the Bay Area Operations Manager.
- Culinary Management. Create a culture of excellence that supports cooking menus to the highest operational standards. You will oversee ordering and inventory control ensuring that the team has what they need to successfully cook and fulfill orders daily.
- Operations Management. Manage regular cleaning and maintenance schedules and cost with vendors, oversee health and safety of the kitchen facility and overall - ensure that the kitchen infrastructure is in good working condition.
- Team Management Manage the culinary team, building a strong team culture. This includes scheduling, training, and conducting performance management for your team. You will oversee 5-6 line cooks with an opportunity to grow the team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you...
- Are cuisine-curious and love to cook across multiple culinary concepts
- Love to build processes and see a plan in action
- Are passionate about cooking consistently from a playbook
- Want to work in new restaurant models including delivery-only environments.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5 years or more experience cooking and managing in a high volume kitchen environment including fast-casual, QSR, and from-scratch restaurants
- You have 2 years of experience managing a team including hiring and firing responsibilities
- You have experience managing to results including food cost and labor cost goals
- You have a ServeSafe Managers License and have meticulous cleanliness standards
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.