Corporate Paralegal, SoftBank Group International
Location: San Carlos, CA (Hybrid)
Who We Are
The SoftBank Group invests in breakthrough technologies to improve the quality of life for people around the world. The SoftBank Group is comprised of SoftBank Group Corp. (TOKYO: 9984), an investment holding company that includes stakes in telecommunications, internet services, AI, smart robotics, IoT and clean energy technology providers; the SoftBank Vision Funds, which are investing more than $100 billion to help extraordinary entrepreneurs transform industries and shape new ones; the $8 billion SoftBank Latin America Funds, the largest venture fund in that region, and the SB Opportunity Fund, a $100 million venture fund for outstanding Black, Latinx, and Native American founders.
SoftBank Group International (SBGI) is wholly owned by SoftBank Group and manages several global investments for SoftBank Group outside of the SoftBank Vision Funds. SBGI investments include some of the world's most ground-breaking companies- like WeWork, SoFi, and Lemonade -- and it partners with portfolio companies across all sectors to drive growth and create value.
SBGI is centered around four Ethos: Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Excellence, and Team, which its team aims to live by through all parts of its business.
SBGI is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Corporate Paralegal to join the SBGI Corporate Legal Department, based in San Carlos, CA.
The Corporate Legal Department focuses on corporate governance, entity management, portfolio company management, commercial contracting, human resources support, and legal operations across the entire SBGI ecosystem. This is a unique and rare opportunity to join the legal team at an inflection point in the development of the organization and assist in streamlining and designing processes and data output that impact the entire organization.
The successful candidate will be a key member of a team-oriented group of paralegals primarily responsible for maintaining and organizing corporate data of all SBGI affiliates and portfolio companies on a global scale. The team is a tight-knit collaborative group that also highly encourages independence and autonomy for each individual. We are looking to add a smart and ambitious team member with high IQ to join us and take strong ownership of their work and make a strong impact within the company.
A day in the life:
- Maintain, track, and organize corporate entity data for SBGI affiliates and portfolio companies.
- Manage our new entity management database (GEMS) and serve as the database expert within the organization.
- Assist with drafting corporate governance documents for subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Review and analyze corporate and transactional documents to compile and verify reportable corporate data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, business operations, tax, and various senior leaders to collect and verify corporate data within the SBGI structure and ensure all information in the database is current, accurate, and complete.
- Support and respond to reporting and audit requests.
- Field all corporate-data related questions from other team members.
- Work directly with our parent company in Tokyo on various reporting obligations.
- Manage and organize the Legal department's document repository and intranet website.
- Provide day-to-day support, including any administrative tasks, to our legal team as needed
To be successful in this role:
- You have 2-9 years of previous corporate paralegal experience (ideally both law firm and in-house experience, but not required).
- You have experience working at an investment firm.
- You have familiarity with entity management systems (ideally with EnGlobe or GEMS but not required).
- You are motivated, persistent, resourceful, curious, and eager to learn.
- You have project management skills and have keen attention to detail, organization, and accuracy.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with a team-player attitude.
- You embody our Ethos:
- You act like an owner; you innovate; you are fast-paced and agile.
- You act with integrity and ethics; you take intelligent risks with long term commitment; you believe in learning, listening and being nimble.
- You aim for exceptional outcomes; you drive value in your actions.
- You embrace diversity and you are inclusive and respectful in every interaction; you run on trust and transparency; you foster collaboration across our ecosystem.
- Highly Competitive Annual Salary
- Best-in-class healthcare coverage (medical, dental and vision) that includes a fully funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 401(k) Plan with company match equal 50% of employee contribution. Plus, an additional annual company profit sharing contribution equal 8% of eligible compensation up to IRS maximum
- Perks such as wellness reimbursement, meal allowance, and back-up childcare
- Vacation and holiday time off
- Thoughtful, talented, and supportive coworkers and leadership team
You will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated (completion of the initial vaccination series) against COVID-19 upon commencing employment.
SBGI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, and identity. We are also committed to providing appropriate reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law.