Ref ID: 00340-0011827204
Establish and growing financial services company in the East Bay has an immediate opening for a Corporate Counsel, Privacy! This Corporate Counsel will join a great legal team and focus on all privacy matters. As the main point of contact for privacy at the organization, you'll be responsible for all advising internal business units on privacy questions, conducting regulatory research and staying abreast of privacy changes and trends, and creating, implementing, and auditing privacy programs. If you're looking to specialize your career in the privacy space under skilled mentorship, this is the position for you! This position is remote due to the pandemic but will likely require someone to work hybrid on-site in Pleasanton, CA in the future. The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of privacy experience in an attorney capacity; a CA Bar license is required for consideration. Experience in the financial services industry is preferred but not required. Responsibilities will include:
- Act as the SME on a broad range of legal issues, with specific attention to data privacy and protection and compliance with a broad range of regulations and laws.
- Advise and partner with information security and compliance teams with respect to data privacy, data usage, and data security matters.
- Assist with development, maintenance, and compliance of privacy programs and policies.
- Manage day to day legal aspects of privacy and internal investigations, including managing projects and incident response.
- Research and advise on regulatory and industry developments, including trends in privacy and security laws, regulatory guidance, and enforcement trends.
- Assist with litigation, pre-litigation and regulatory matters.
- Support the sales team with negotiation of privacy and data security related terms in contracts
- Projects as assigned