Educational Programs and Services (EPS) is home to departments and programs that are central to the educational mission of the Stanford University School of Medicine. We serve all populations of students and trainees who participate in the School's programs: Stanford MD, MS, MSPA, and PhD students; visiting MD students seeking clinical clerkships; postdoctoral scholars and medical fellows; and medical practitioners seeking further professional enrichment. Our goal is to provide a Stanford School of Medicine experience worthy of our students' and trainees' talents, aspirations, and dedication.
The Stanford Center for Continuing Medical Education (SCCME) is a global leader in the promotion of lifelong learning among professionals in healthcare. As such, we advance patient and population health and promote innovation by planning and implementing accredited continuing education activities to enhance the professional development of healthcare teams both locally and regionally, in the San Francisco Bay area and in the greater Pacific Region, as well as nationally and globally
SCCME is seeking a dynamic team player for the position of Continuing Medical Education (CME) Compliance Coordinator. The CME Compliance Coordinator is responsible for supporting a variety of medical education programs and activities within the Stanford Center for Continuing Medical Education under the direction of Compliance Manager. This role is responsible for ensuring that activities assigned are in compliance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education and the American Medical Association (AMA) accreditation criteria. This role can be fully remote.
The ideal candidate will have a focus on customer service and ability to maintain a working technical knowledge of the ACCME, JA, and AMA requirements and a learning management system to support day-to day activities within this system.
What you'll bring to the job:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service skills and organizational skills
- Desire to learn new technologies preferred
- Continuing Medical Education programming experience highly desirable
- Comfortable with rapidly changing project requirements
- Time management skills and ability to successfully manage numerous tasks simultaneously
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships and serve as a resource for both internal and external clients and participants
- Assists with the development of multiple medical education programs and serve as the compliance lead for CME events, programs, and initiatives
- Effectively interface and communicate with leadership, clinicians, support staff, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining proficiency in all ACCME, JA, AMA requirements
- Implement protocols to ensure that all SCCME activities are in compliance with the Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education (JA), Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the American Medical Association guidelines
- Assist clients in the development of the activity planning document including but not limited to learning objectives, gaps, needs, etc. for CME activities
- Recognize and evaluate ineligible companies as defined by ACCME, facilitate collection of disclosure forms, follow procedures to mitigate any conflicts of interest, document in activity management system and ensure disclosure statement distribution to the audience.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the development and management of the activity course estimates in a fiscally responsible and transparent manner.
Education & Experience (Required)
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required)
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous experience with JA, ACCME and AMA accreditation requirements
- Experience working with an online Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Exemplary customer service approach in communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with an accredited CME program preferred
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
This role can be fully remote.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, adminguide.stanford.edu
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19-guide/interim-policies/covid-19-vaccination-and-surveillance-testing
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All candidates must be eligible to work and live in the U.S.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 95373
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy