Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry-everything depends on it. At Optum Insight Technology, you’ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that - you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day. #OptumInsightTech
In this Client Technical Architect role, you will be closely working with Optum Payer clients to enable implementations. You will be responsible for creating and communicating client specific architectural solutions that align with the overall strategic architectural vision and technical strategies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Act as technical point of contact representing Optum with prospect/client’s IT executives - communicating Optum solution architecture and working with clients to align on implementation specific solutions
- Negotiation and successful resolve current state versus future vision trade-offs across various levels in the organization to gain buy-in
- Provide recommendations and technical guidance to reduce implementation time and costs, improve performance, reliability, and reusability within the constraints of budget, resource and business dependencies
- Informing Optum engineering and product leaders of emerging technical market and client trends and influencing Optum leaders to align product specific technical architectural plans to those trends
- Establish and maintain relationships with key client IT leaders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience defining and implementing strategies under a CIO organization
- Extensive experience with enterprise architecture best practices and goals
- Extensive experience working with healthcare data domains - claims, member, provider data
- Experience combining legacy and Cloud architectural solutions
- Well versed with modern architecture and technologies
- Federated Enterprise Architecture (FEAF-CEA) and/or TOGAF Certification
- Engineering delivery leadership experience
- Experience working with claim adjudication platforms and related systems such as enrollment, benefits, medical records, etc.
- Direct external client interaction experience
- Azure Cloud architecture experience
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.