Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief People and Equity Officers (CPEO) principal role is to develop and implement Organization-wide people strategies that align with Companys strategic plans, goals to become a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization both in our Administration and across our network of Housing and Employment programs. The primary areas of responsibility include Business partnership and human resource leadership, organization culture and values, DEI framework and strategies, workforce planning and talent acquisition, compensation and total rewards, performance management and organizational development, human resource systems, policies and processes, and compliance with employment laws and regulations. The position is an integral part of the leadership team and works collaboratively to create and maintain a strong Company culture aligned around Companys core values, which results in a desirable work environment that integrates employee engagement and business success.
Business Partnership and Human Resources Leadership
- In partnership with the Executive team: participate in the development of Companys plans and initiatives as a strategic partner, particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translate strategic and tactical business plans into human resource strategic and operational plans.
- Build and lead a highly effective, collaborative, and customer-focused human resources team that regularly evaluates and improves its processes.
Company Culture and Values
- In partnership with the Executive team: drive the effort to refine, document, and communicate the Organizations culture, core values, and DEI strategies.
- Monitoring progress toward our DEI vision and achievement of our DEI goals as well as the execution of strategies that map toward those goals
- Collaborating with experts to evaluate Companys practices, stay current on DEI research and best practices.
- Provide advice and support to managers on employee-related issues to ensure consistent practices and alignment with the Company's values.
- Investigate and address employee complaints/concerns to maintain a fair and constructive work environment consistent with Companys culture.
- Frequently measure and analyze lagging and leading indicators of employee engagement and effectiveness; develop plans to address areas identified for improvements.
Workforce Planning and Talent Acquisition
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new initiatives/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development, and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Understand internal and external workforce demographic trends and develop strategies to ensure future access to sufficient talent with the necessary skills and mindset.
- Develop and manage a proactive and comprehensive recruiting strategy to attract and hire candidates with the best technical skills and experience as well as a mindset consistent with the Organizations internal culture and external brand.
- Oversee onboarding and orientation programs.
- Collaborate with the marketing and information technology teams to maximize the impact and effectiveness of talent acquisition strategies and processes.
Compensation and Total Rewards
- Proactively manage the compensation and benefits programs to ensure that they are competitive, support Company objectives, are consistent with legal requirements, reward and provide incentives to employees appropriately, and achieve retention objectives.
- Develop and improve employee recognition programs to reinforce Company culture and provide recognition for employee performance.
Performance Management and Organizational Development
- Create, implement and oversee a performance management system to ensure employees are receiving feedback on their performance and taking actions to advance their careers.
- Develop and implement succession plans for leadership positions to support the Organizations strategic objectives.
- Maintain and update all job descriptions and career paths to bring clarity to roles and to the development required to advance.
Human Resource Systems, Policies, and Processes
- Oversee the human resource information system (HRIS) and related technology to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ensure human resource information is accurate and supports the needs of executives, managers, and employees.
- Compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Ensure that the Organizations employment policies such as harassment/discrimination/retaliation, disability management/interactive process/reasonable accommodation are created, updated, and administered consistently, support effective management of the people resources of the Company, and are compliant with state and federal regulatory requirements and laws.
- Ensure up-to-date compliance with all state and federal laws, mandates, requirements, and regulations concerning human resource and employment practices.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications or equivalent experience:
- 10+ years of progressive and demonstrated success in HR, including experience in multiple facets of the HR function.
- 3+ years in a senior leadership role responsible for working directly with other Company leaders, establishing HR priorities, and managing an HR group.
- Bachelors degree; Masters degree a plus
- SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP, or JD strongly preferred
- Proven record of creating healthy organizations and helping drive a strong, positive culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated results in designing and implementing innovative HR programs as a result of staying current with the latest human resources trends and best practices
- Thorough knowledge of strategic human resources planning and management principles
- Experience working with remote locations
- Strong working knowledge of all disciplines of Human Resources, including state and federal employment law
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
The ideal candidate will exhibit or demonstrate the following competencies and attributes.
- Strong team orientation
- Resilience and flexibility
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Responds with a sense of urgency on escalated client/employee issues
- Delivers services with a process improvement mindset to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Builds strong partnerships to foster trust and accountability with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated communication, feedback, and coaching skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence all levels of management and across all functional areas
- The Chief People and Equity Officer manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- This job is performed in a professional office environment when necessary. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
- This is a full-time position, and business hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Longer hours, evenings, and weekend work may be necessary on occasion.
- This position may require up to 25% domestic travel to other Company offices.
- Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.