Company’s Chief Government Affairs Officer is Company’s top leader and decision maker on government affairs and public policy matters for the company. They directly advise Company’s CEO, Board of Directors, General Counsel, and executive leadership team, offering expertise and assessing geopolitical and policy implications of Company’s business and strategies. The Chief Officer leads Company’s Global Government Affairs group, a dedicated team of more than 100 government affairs specialists located around the world, and reports to Company’s Executive Vice President and General Counsel. They devise and develop Company’s public policy and government affairs agenda. The Chief Officer is responsible for management of the company-wide government affairs and public policy functions, and also develops, implements, and coordinates the company’s government affairs strategies.
This executive is also responsible for:
- Developing Global Government Affairs and Policy priorities and projects in support of global business objectives and ensuring execution and implementation of those initiatives
- Anticipating and predicting changes in the external legislative, regulatory, policy, and political environments in the short-, mid- and long-term
- Identifying company opportunity and potential areas of risk in the legislative, regulatory, public policy and political realms
- Working closely with Company’s business and operations to create opportunities through the legislative, regulatory, policy, and political environments
- Executing company strategy and influencing legislation, regulation, policy and politics in support of Company’s purpose and mission to mitigate risk and maximize opportunity
- Recommending company positioning, priorities, internal and external strategy, and tactics as they relate to legislation, regulation, policy and politics
- Developing and implementing senior executive engagement strategies
- Developing and executing Company’s strategic and tactical responses to pending legislation, regulation and policy with federal elected officials, regulatory agencies, key policymakers and trade associations
- Building solid relationships with federal authorities, regulatory agency heads and key policymakers and enhancing Company’s reputation and image among authorities
- Serving as official representative and public face for Company before governments and stakeholders around the world.
- Ensuring that the company is compliant with all federal and state registration and lobbying disclosure laws associated with interactions with US government officials
- Drive Company’s IDM 2.0 strategy to increase our brand awareness, reduce risk, and improve our positioning in relationships and business pursuits with governments around the world
The ideal candidate is a recognized and active leader in the technology industry, has a strong background in public policy and government affairs, an extensive network with elected officials, agency heads and government officials around the world, and experience managing large teams. They will have:
- Deep international government affairs experience, with a heavy emphasis on China: 15+ years of relevant experience in public policy and government affairs. A thorough understanding of legislative processes, proven track record of successful advocacy and winning legislative efforts.
- Team leadership experience: Experience managing large, international teams of professionals and providing leadership to multidisciplinary teams with exposure to government relations, operations, marketing, and strategy. Proven track record of successfully managing senior personnel.
- Technology and/or manufacturing industry experience: Experience working in or with technology companies or technology driven manufacturing companies. Demonstrated ability to understand semiconductor technologies underlying government-oriented strategy and advocacy.
- Drives for results: Coordinates execution by setting appropriate pace. Evokes ownership and accountability, streamlines process/structure, and reallocates resources quickly and flexibly.
- Relevant network: Deep network of relationships on Capitol Hill and relevant executive branch agencies. Proven track record of managing relationships with lobbyists and consultants to help shape positive public opinion.
- Shapes strategy: Anticipates and interprets market changes, envisions the future, and decides strategic priorities.
- Inspire and influence: Builds powerful relationships, helps others find meaning and purpose in their work, inspires through energetic engagement. Ability to influence people at all levels of the organization, regardless of reporting relationships.
- Business acumen and partnership: Excellent political and business judgment, with a high degree of discretion. Possesses strong analytical skills.
- Executive presence: Sophisticated, polished presentation that commands respect. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity and personality: Clear reputation for ethical conduct and unquestionable integrity. Brings creativity and Companylectual curiosity in dealing with complex legal and public policy issues.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in related field; Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA, MPA, MPP) preferred.
Inside this Business Group
Company’s Growth Acceleration Team (GAT) offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Company businesses; technology and Companylectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; public policy, legislative and regulatory lobbying; global trade, export, import, and customs; and corporate compliance.