BIOINFORMATICS SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER:
The Select Group is looking for a Bioinformatics Software Test Engineer for one of their top Biotech clients. This person will be working on the bioinformatics pipeline and will be testing existing and new features on the next gen sequencing applications/platforms. It will be a long-term contract on a fully remote basis.
BIOINFORMATICS SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors Degree in Bioinformatics and 5+ years of work experience
- Experience with Python scripting + 1 other language
- Familiarity and experience with command lines
- Prior experience with next gen sequencing
- MUST have documentation experience
- Soft skills: detail oriented, team player, flexible, able to work in fast paced environments
BIOINFORMATICS SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze the requirements for data analysis pipelines and visualizations to support various applications (Oncology, Reproseq, Immuno-oncology, CarrierSeq etc) and translate them to software specifications.
- Help software development team to understand and design the complex Informatics and Data Visualization features. Work closely with developers to implement software features
- Write and execute test protocols to validate the features and data analysis pipelines
- Troubleshooting the data analysis pipeline and software issues.
- Check the correctness of output Compare output data with other equivalent systems
- Perform system performance profiling
- Perform test automation with Python and Java
- Prepare FDA submission documentation when needed
- Collaborate with cross functional team