At Capgemini, we are committed to our staff’s professional development and offer a wide range of training and educational resources. In addition to our internal learning sites, we partnered with Coursera and Degreed to offer our staff the latest courses from academic institutions around the world. We provide education expense reimbursements as well as sponsor seminars, conferences, and certifications. Our practice leaders work with every team member to chart appropriate career paths and goals to ensure that we all stay innovative and transformative, which maximizes our ability to scale up our solutions, keep up with the cutting edge, and bring the art of what’s possible to the Federal Government.
Capgemini Government Solutions (CGS) LLC is seeking a highly motivated Azure Developer to work with internal and external stakeholders to create and support business applications, dynamic workflows, and data stores using Azure services and products. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply and grow their skillset in application development, data management, automation, and analytics in the Azure environment. This individual will join our Business Intelligence Systems and Analytics (BISA) practice in the DC Metro Area but with the flexibility to work from home. As a part of the rapidly expanding CGS BISA practice, the candidate will also help our clients develop, deploy, and modernize their data pipelines using Azure services and products.
As an Azure Developer, you will:
- Collaborate with clients and team to translate requirements into cloud-based solutions
- Modernize and/or migrate legacy data stores and applications leveraging Azure products
- Design, develop, deliver, and support new solutions using Azure services and products such as Cognitive Services, Form Recognizer, Machine Learning, Data Factory, SQL Server, Blob Storage, etc.
- Architect methodologies for creating and storing data and workflows to support policy and strategic initiatives
- Follow SDLC methodologies and utilize DevOps tools to integrate solutions into CI/CD pipeline
- Lead testing including developing test plans and scripts and fixing bugs
- Lead cross-functional project teams with app development and user adoption
- Establish and address security protocols
- Communicate proposed designs and progress to customers, team leads, and team members
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in information systems, computer science, information management, computer engineering, or similar field preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in developing Azure services and application such as Cognitive Services, Form Recognizer, Machine Learning, Data Factory, SQL Server, Blob Storage, Synapse, etc.
- Experience in creating design documentation and code delivery
- Experience in following development frameworks such as Waterfall, Agile, and Kanban
- Experience in using DevOps tools to deploy solutions into CI/CD pipelines in alignment with SDLC methodologies
- Experience managing stories, resolving bugs, and supporting user adoption
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong curiosity and ability to quickly improve efficiency and effectiveness in new tasks
- Ability to multi-task and stay flexible in a dynamic work environment
Nice to have skills/qualifications
- Active Government Security clearance
- Microsoft AZ-900 and other Azure certifications
- Agile certifications
- Experience coordinating with all business and IT partners, analyzing all business requirements, and providing resolutions for business and IT associate issues.
- Experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which includes gathering and analyzing business requirements, functional/technical specifications, designing, developing, testing, deploying the applications and providing production support
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client’s opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through various services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2020 global revenues of EUR 15.2 billion. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high-quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us at www.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)