Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated
total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The successful candidate for the Associate Scientist position will join the Profiling and Screening team to provide support for our high value commercial research services using DiscoverX PathHunter platform and other proprietary technologies.
- SOP driven sample (compounds) testing based on customer request, and data analysis.
- Capable of independently running experiments as per guidelines/ SOP
- Optimization of assays to obtain robust performance in screening applications.
- Instrument protocol optimization and validation.
- Daily laboratory notebook entry.
- Daily database documentation entry.
- Weekly progress report generation.
- Participation in and presentation at group laboratory meetings.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
- Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Experience with lab automation desired (liquid handlers / plate readers, robotics).
- Must be detailed orientated and consistent in experimental approach.
- Must deliver data in a timely manner.
- Must be team-oriented and accustomed to working with other scientists.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable and experienced working in a commercially focused lab environment.
- Must be a good at multi-tasking.
- Must have very keen attention to detail
- Must be willing to help co-workers at all times
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors in cell biology or biochemistry plus upto 1 year relevant experience.
- Experience with cell-based assays preferred.
- Expertise in cell based signaling assays desired (i.e GPCR cAMP and Ca2+ Second messenger assays).
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.