Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Network Contractor (LHI) will build and maintain a successful working relationship between LHI and network providers to ensure a geographically competitive, broad access and stable network. You will routinely negotiate cost effective fees, confirm service capability, respond to provider inquiries, and educate providers on contract expectations, processes and paperwork. Supporting the implementation of strategies relating to the development and management of the provider network as well as comprehending detailed knowledge of contracts in order to translate subcontractor and fee agreements to the providers is a vital key to the role. You must be able to routinely evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement standards, and other key process controls, while maintaining network composition that includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Recruit and contract providers via outbound calls according to LHI and department policy. Must understand contracts between LHI and LHI customers and how this translates to the subcontractor agreement and fee arrangements between LHI and all providers
- Negotiate contracts and fees that align provider needs and LHI business objectives. Educate providers on fee structures to ensure collaborative agreement and understanding of LHI Services and the fees associated with them. Initiate appropriate credentialing processes and workflows
- Assess and resolve specific provider concerns, developing and implementing solutions that are beneficial to providers, LHI Customers and LHI
- Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years of related experience (provider relations, network management, customer service, negotiations)
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Ability to convey complex information to others and make it more easily understood
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Sales experience
- Adobe experience
- Medical, dental, or healthcare insurance experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Basic knowledge of Medicare reimbursement methodologies, i.e. Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS)
- Solid analytical thinking; multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $20.77 to $36.88. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: sales, business development, phone experience, customer service, cellular sales, contract specialist, negotiation, medical contract, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home, La Crosse, WI, Wisconsin