UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is the FP&A lead for the Global finance team. This role will lead the consolidation of forecast financials across markets, lead training and development for the team, manage matrix relationships with finance leads in a local market with most complex business, build dynamic models, streamline and enhance existing processes and manage UHC deliverables.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Minnetonka, MN strongly preferred.
- Manages forecasting and budgeting processes for UHC Global, ensuring accuracy and submission in line with enterprise calendar
- Builds ad-hoc, dynamic financial models with minimal direction from others
- Produces and presents executive level materials that are succinct and polished
- Analyzes business/financial metrics and performance measures critical to the performance of the Global business and provides insights to both internal and external constituents
- Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Trains and develops team on existing processes and makes recommended enhancements
- Implements process controls to drive efficiencies on the team
- Collaborates with senior level finance partners to ensure accurate and timely forecast submissions and balances the dynamic priorities of the organization
- Researches and solves complex ad-hoc problems and develops innovative solutions
- A minimal amount of travel may be required with this position (<10%)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 5+ years of broad finance experience
- Experience in multiple finance function (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) within a diverse enterprise
- Experience managing a portfolio of programs
- Solid skills in the Microsoft Suite of Programs (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master’s degree in Finance, Management, Business Administration or related field
- 4+ years of experience in healthcare organization
- Advanced financial planning, analysis technical skills and financial modeling skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and have influence across organizational boundaries
- Ability to use independent thinking to challenge the status quo and implement process improvements
- Ability to collaborate with a team to drive sustainable high-performance
- Excellent follow through, time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities with critical deadlines
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills with experience in developing executive materials with high-level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Natural curiosity to learn more, dig into details, understand key drivers of our business
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Finance Director, Global, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare