Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director, Performance Reporting - Government Programs will be accountable for leading a team of reporting and data analyst professionals. Reporting to the Vice President of Operational Performance, this leadership role within the operations team will produce and manage Operations dashboards at a department and client level. This team will also support all oversight for delegated functions across Optum and consistent performance guarantee service-level agreement reporting.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leads the OptumRx Government Programs Performance Reporting Team
- Provides guidance, leadership, and strategic oversight for a team of reporting and analysis professionals
- Assist in the definition of operational metrics and KPIs, definition and implementation of data collection processes as needed to support performance reporting
- Align with the strategic/competitive positioning of the business
- Understand and apply government (CMS) and industry-leading standards and benchmarks to our measurements
- Meet with internal and/or external customers to gather and document requirements
- Identify appropriate data sources, report metrics, and tools to effectively report operating metrics
- Determine needs for incoming requests, triage and assign resources to complete the requests
- Demonstrate understanding of work being done by customers, identify and/or create relevant databases and how to identify effective and accurate reporting strategies
- Define and/or ensure that report parameters are established consistent with data governance requirements
- Test and review completed deliverables and associated metrics used to ensure accuracy and quality
- Create and/or update presentation documents and materials to summarize results (e.g., written reports; PowerPoint deck; graphs and/or charts)
- Document internal processes and procedures to ensure business continuity in the generation of reporting and analytics deliverables
- Communicate and lead effectively at all levels with internal and/or external customers concerning the status of requests (e.g., expected completion date, current progress)
- Keep internal customers informed of resource availability and relevant contingency plans for creating work products
- Present, explain, and/or interpret reports and data to internal and/or external customers (e.g., written reports; PowerPoint presentations; verbal communications)
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve any errors or discrepancies identified when reviewing distributed reports
- Seek input and/or approvals from relevant customers prior to implementing new procedures or features
- Demonstrate knowledge of operations, goals, and policies and procedures of internal business partners (e.g., information contacts) to provide effective support to internal and/or external customers
- Identify and/or provide opportunities for additional training and learning to support process and report improvements
- Minimize manual, ad hoc reporting, steering towards and building automated, self-service solutions when possible
- Review manual report packages to identify opportunities to automate reporting and/or eliminate redundancies
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, best practices, relevant standards, and guidelines, and/or reporting applications (e.g., tools; software) and incorporate them into report creation and analysis when applicable
- Share and promote best practices with applicable internal business partners to ensure optimal tools and processes are utilized
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of reporting, analytics, and business analysis experience
- 1+ years of leadership experience of a technical team
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- High Level of proficiency in core MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- High Level of proficiency creating and maintaining Operations reporting and dashboards
- SQL Proficiency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with PBM Operations
- Healthcare-related operations experience
- Experience in translating root cause data into preventive action
- Tableau experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.