Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Associate Director of Network Operations has management responsibility for day to day network operations. The position is responsible for facilitating the creation and execution of assigned market strategies and action plans. The position is involved in planning, budgeting, forecasting, facility planning and reporting for each of the assigned markets. This will include overseeing network development, network management and local office management in assigned markets. This position may supervise multiple markets as directed. This position has a dotted line matrix management responsibility for all other functional staff located within assigned markets - including marketing, utilization management, disease management, transportation, DataRAPS, quality and vendors. This position works cross functionally with all other divisions in the corporation including, medical management, finance, claims, customer and member services, IT and facilities to achieve market goals and objectives. The responsibilities of this position demand a wide range of capabilities including: strategic planning and analysis skills; strong accounting knowledge and understanding of financial statements; understanding of managed care contracts; management breadth to direct and motivate; highly developed communication skills; political savvy; and the ability to develop clear action plans and drive process, given often ambiguous issues with numerous interdependencies. Analyzes data from a variety of statistical and financial reports and develops recommendations, strategic plans and action plans to improve identified financial deficits. This position will work closely with key payor and physician groups to develop long-term strategic relationships.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within U.S as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for supervision of market personnel to include hiring, training, coaching and development to maximize staff performance and technical expertise through clearly defined objectives and leadership
- Participates in strategic and operational planning for Greater Texas region and facilitates the execution of the plan within all assigned markets
- Identifies, directs, communicates and executes continuous growth initiatives, quality improvement activities or processes to ensure initiative outcomes are met
- Participates in development and implementation of systems that support network operations and network management
- Delegate, monitor and control work progress on key metrics, initiatives / action plans, staff productivity and administrative expenses
- Overall responsibility for the selection of additions to the primary care network
- This includes creation of strategic plan, training of the staff to carry out the strategic plan, negotiation of the contract as well as overall implementation of new primary care provider groups
- Maintains effective network support services by working effectively with the Medical Director, Market Medical Director and other departments
- Handles complex and / or difficult provider inquires and/or problems and facilitates resolution of provider issues. Continuously strive to ensure that favorable relationships are maintained while ensuring the interest of the organization
- Drives change and innovation through continually seeking and implementing value added solutions for clients
- Communicate and advocate providers' needs to internal stakeholders in order to drive creation of solutions that meet our mutual business goals
- Leads multiple individual client-focused projects and motivates cross-functional participants to improve or address systematic problems or providing value to client
- Influence or provide input to forecasting and planning activities
- Analyzes data while collaborating and/or participating in discussions with colleagues and business partners to identify potential root cause of issues.
- Provide cross functional leadership across the enterprise by maintaining open communication, identifying, resolving cross functional issues, attain metric targets by collaboratively creating, maintaining, implementing and evaluating business strategic plans for each area, continually improving cross functional policies / procedures / work flows and support systems and proactively facilitates staff development to achieve the goals and objectives of the market
- Assists with and manages business projections, forecasting and budgets, both financially and with timelines, for assigned projects
- Understands payer relationships within market and ensures any operational issues are visible to the appropriate parties and ensures issue resolution
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Healthcare Administration or a related field required (8 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ years of experience in managed care with an emphasis on network management, operations, financial analysis and employee supervision
- 4+ years of experience in management/supervisory experience (i.e. employee selection, training, coaching and development as well as process management)
- Experience Provider contract negotiations and provider relations
- Knowledge of Medicare health care operations including HEDIS, HCC Coding and Medicare Advantage
- Knowledge of state and federal laws relating to Medicare
- Ability and willingness to travel, both locally and non-locally, as determined by business need (up to 75%)
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
USMD part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 4 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi-specialty
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Healthcare Administration or a related field
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director Network Operations, Network Operations, Operations, Financial Analysis, Employee Supervision, WellMed, Telecommute, Telecommuter