UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Mental Health Parity - This position develops and maintains flexible data stores and/or programs to be leveraged to quickly compile state - level and/or national - level standardized Medical Benefit data and metrics required for monitoring and demonstrating compliance with MH Parity regulatory requirements to confirm that MH / SUD utilization review processes (prior authorization, concurrent review, and retrospective review) are no more stringent than Medical / Surgical UR processes. The position develops high quality data and analytics, under supervision of HCE MH Parity directors and guidance from the UHG MH Parity team, to support (a) ongoing monitoring and demonstration of MH Parity and (b) identification and remediation of any potentially improper practices.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and maintain flexible data stores and/or programs to be used to quickly compile state - level and/or national - level standardized Medical Benefit data and metrics required for responses to MH Parity Regulatory Requests
- Using Medical Benefit Utilization Management and Claims data, prepare and deliver data, metrics, and/or exhbits to an internal UHG team responsible for preparing external - facing responses to regulatory bodies to demonstrate MH Parity
- Share and explain programs and logic for constructing standard and ad hoc metrics with internal UHG partners (e.g., Same - grade Programmer Analysts in Optum Behavioral Health or OptumRx)
- Collaborate with MH Parity UHG partners to expeditiously define specs for responses to ad hoc MH Parity regulatory inquiries in alignment with data that can be delivered in a timely, high quality manner
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of experience working with health care data and analytics, specifically pertaining to the measurement and monitoring of utilization review programs
- 8+ years of experience programming in SAS and working with large healthcare data sets
- Ability to develop, document, and communicate policies, analytical designs, and results to leadership, lay audiences, and analysts
- Master’s degree with emphasis in quantitative analysis such as healthcare economics, economics, epidemiology, demography, biostatistics, etc.
- Experience in areas such as regulatory compliance monitoring, regulatory compliance reporting, working with regulatory bodies
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Associate Director, Healthcare Economics, Healthcare, Analytics, SAS, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Cypress, CA, California