- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as charge nurse, preceptor, quality improvement champion or other related leadership experience.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- High school diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED) required.
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life Support
- ACLS, PALS, NRP certification may be required for positions in specific departments.
- Evidence of training completion as preceptor or charge nurse.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, & budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission & other federal, state, & local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelors degree in nursing preferred.
- ACLS certification strongly preferred.
PrimaryLocation : California,San Jose,San Jose Hospital
HoursPerWeek : 32
Shift : Day
Workdays : Week 1: Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat; Week 2: Sun, Mon, Wed, Thu
WorkingHoursStart : 07:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 03:30 PM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level : Team Leader/Supervisor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : San Jose Hospital - Nurse Admin-Adult Svcs Mgmt - 0201
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.