Stanford University is seeking an Administrative Associate 3 to support a growing and dynamic team at Stanford Data Science (SDS), a new initiative helping weave data science into the fabric of all scholarship at Stanford and beyond. The primary focus for this position is two fold, to support faculty recruitment efforts and to help plan and execute data science events on campus. The position will work with SDS staff and partner units to interface with external candidates and speakers, as well as help organize and execute internal meetings and events related to these two tasks.
For faculty searches, the position will support two to three joint hire processes, including arranging meetings, scheduling on-line interviews with candidates, coordinating and making travel arrangements for in-person interviews, maintain records and general administrative support for searches.
For data science events, the position will support existing staff in booking space, catering and other event services. They will coordinate with speakers on travel arrangements and support the event day of. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, well-organized, and able to work independently. This is an exciting and innovative opportunity to elevate high-impact events (live and virtual) to support faculty and students across campus.
- Gather information for search initiations, search waivers, reappointments, and promotions. Collect applications, and provide administrative support to search and review committees; provide advice on process requirements.
- Post job announcements, and distribute other outreach materials to attract candidates.
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of candidate visits, including arranging transportation and accommodations, scheduling meetings and interviews, and processing reimbursements.
- Maintain records documenting search, recruitment, and appointment/promotion processes.
- Design, plan, implement, coordinate, and market customized events.
- Evaluate and select vendors and providers of services considering stakeholder requests and requirements.
- Serve as a member of an events team and contribute to a wide variety of functional areas including budget allocation, event logistics and facilities.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure they conform to the event needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills. Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to interact and successfully collaborate with a broad spectrum of contributing groups and stakeholders (i.e. faculty, staff, students, industry partners)
- Demonstrated success planning and delivering events.
- Ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving skills, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other online documents, such as Google Docs.