Candidates applying from outside of British Columbia must be willing and able to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (either working in-studio or remote in BC). Bardels talent mobility program offers support to candidates in obtaining proper work authorization and residency. Note, employment prior to relocation begins as independent contracts.
3D Lighting & Comp Artist
Bardel Entertainment Inc.
1523 west 3rd Avenue Vancouver BC V6J 1J8
At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
Do you have production experience as a 3D Lighting & Comp Artist? We are currently recruiting for an artist with at least 1 year of experience to join our Vancouver studio team. The Lighting & Comp Artist will be responsible for lighting and rendering CG shots and lighting scenes that meet the aesthetic, creative, and technical quality standards of the production.
What you will be doing:
- Light and Render CG Shots
- Create and modify lighting scenes in Katana
- Set up AOV’s in Renderman
- Ensure continuity across the shots in a sequence
- Working with the supervisors and the leads to achieve the correct visual in Compositing
- Comp shots to achieve the final look
- Being able to project matte painting on cards or geometry in Nuke department and how to use it
- Optimizes render settings in Renderman for the cleanest and fastest output on the renderfarm
- Troubleshoot Katana files for technically related issues
- Communicate problems and show stoppers to the lead or supervisor to get them resolved in a timely fashion
- Execute the reviews requested by the Supervisor and the Director by showing an analytic and proactive mind
- Quality Check your render layers to ensure a correct output to compositing
- Maintain timing and production quotas given by the production coordinator by looking at a
- Shotgun Dashboard
- Organize work and prepare dailies for presentation
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication, and exhibits a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members.
- Capable of basic python scripting to make simple tasks more automatic
- Mentor and offer support to less experienced artists. Providing them with guidance and instruction
What you bring with you:
- 1 year of 3D lighting & comp experience from a production environment (animation, etc)
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in animation/CGI or related filed
- Great Knowledge of Renderman, 3Dlite or Vray
- Great Knowledge of Foundry Katana
- Great Knowledge of Foundry Nuke
- Keen eye to detail and knowledge of how the light works in the real world
- Photography skills are a plus
- Python Scripting knowledge is a plus
- Working proficiency of English
Start date: As soon as possible
Term of Employment: Project-based contract
Work Hours: 40 per week
Hybrid Work Schedule: Remote work available
Weekly Wage: $1160/week to 1250/week ($29 to $31.25/hour)
- Extended medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Matching RRSP
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume, demo reel/personal website link to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings.