Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins EAG Laboratories is a leader in advanced microscopy, surface analysis and materials characterization testing services for various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology. We enable our clients to develop new materials with the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
We have a growth mindset culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
EAG Laboratories is looking for a Scientist who will work in the X-Ray Analysis group and be responsible for operating analytical XRD and XRR instrumentation. This position requires a solid technical foundation in materials science, chemistry or physics.
Use of information in this role is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Demonstrate competency with laboratory work and use of analytical instrumentation
- Design experiments with minimal assistance from management and/or experienced scientists
- Acquire and interpret XRD and XRR analytical data and apply understanding to solving the specific problem for clients
- Write scientific reports that include conclusions, methodology, and supporting analytical data
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Education and Experience:
- MS or PhD in Chemistry, Physics or Materials Science, with 1 or more years of industrial experience and/or 4+ years of hands-on academic/research experience using XRD.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Powder X-ray diffraction analysis
- Further XRD experience is desirable, including a knowledge of cGMP protocols
- Experience operating, configuring and maintaining X-ray diffractometers
- Working effectively in a team environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines
- Able to communicate constructively with other scientists, team members and clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.