Transdev (formerly Veolia Transportation) is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Assist in driver sign-in and shift end, coordinating vehicle and other equipment assignments, in accordance with contractual obligations and company policies and procedures. Communicate clearly, professionally and in a timely manner with company employees. Represent the company to its customers and the public in a professional and courteous manner.Responsibilities:
- Provides manifests to drivers upon report; assign vehicles, radios and other equipment
- Accurately record driver shift start and end through VDS, Tripshot and/or any other designated programs or procedures
- Coordinate vehicle needs and availability with maintenance, road supervisors and operations
- Monitor stand by drivers; coordinate with Dispatch for their need and potential assignment to routes; relieve from duty when not required
- Coordinate with Dispatch to fill open runs or make driver or trip reassignments to ensure timely service
- Maintains records, logs, and schedules of driver assignments and reporting status
- Sign drivers out at the end of their shifts; account for all equipment issued, review manifest and prepare and report information as required
- Accurately prepares reports on all activities occurring during their shifts or as requested
- Follows rules and regulations of the Company; follows instructions of management and supervisors
- Adheres to all regulations related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Handles passengers' personal property left on vehicles in accordance to Lost and Found procedures
- Communicates with Dispatchers, Scheduling, Reservations, Operations to ensure service provision
- Maintain confidentiality of passengers' information
- Perform trip editing and/or VDS editing if assigned
- Perform dispatch clerical functions as relief
Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required
- One to two years of dispatch and/or customer service experience required.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to organize logical and efficient schedules and routes and adapt to changes
- Ability to read, comprehend and understand a map
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret transit system operating rules, regulations, policies, phases and routes
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Clear speech and pleasant phone demeanor
- Ability to use a multi-line phone system and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers on all levels and be able to work well with diverse groups
- Must submit to drug testing and a criminal background check once offer of employment is accepted.
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Majority of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Majority of work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check