Position Description Summary:
Responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and measuring all operations within a warehouse facility. Develop, implement, and measure standard operating processes within facility. Work from customer business schedules, develop daily schedules and measure performance to schedules. Oversee safety programs within the warehouse and ensure that customer satisfaction is high.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Establish and maintain warehouse operational infrastructure
- Price all new business associated within facility
- Develop and maintain ISO level operation guidelines and metrics including communication to internal and external customers
- Develop and monitor productivity standards
- Develop and maintain efficient, cost effective operations layout
- Establish and maintain daily operating schedules
- Coordinate daily cycle counts
- P&L responsibility for the operation
- Develop and maintain an internal training center within operation
- Present facility operations to prospective customers
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times and that employees comply with the use of personal protective equipment and proper precautions
- Provide customer service to prevent and resolve errors
- Select and place staff, ensure staff receives training for their job activities, and define specific job assignments. Manage performance to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a management position. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required. Generally prefer 3-7 years of related supervisory or management experience.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity