We are a group of creative technologists that live at the intersection of engineering and storytelling. From producing a video tutorial to composing a sophisticated demo, we love crafting content that connects the what, how, and why of our product stack in an authentic and engaging way. Whether it's a minor release or a new product launch, we drive all aspects of the go-to-market strategy '" from defining the core message to getting the company enabled and aligned on it.
We're looking to add a new node to our cluster, focusing on defining and driving the core messaging and go-to-market (GTM) strategy for Company Stack and Company Cloud, the core of the Company Search Platform. This VP owns all aspects of product marketing in service to the platform at the core of all of our go-to-market efforts, including market segmentation, messaging and positioning, content creation, field enablement, and analyst relations. You will work closely with Company product managers, engineering, sales and all aspects of the marketing function to align and communicate Company's vision across markets, users, prospects, customers, and partners, generating awareness for cloud and our platform while supporting the solution teams that are built into our platform. As part of this role, you are one of the key executives focused on building on our strong relationship with developers and practitioners who are the core users of our products. The platform is the lynchpin to Company 's strategic position in the market, and this person is the key steward of that platform message, both within Company and to our customers and community.
- Provides thought leadership around market trends and core technology innovations.
- Understands the process and rigor required to develop outcome-based and use case-based messaging and content that aligns to our corporate messaging, by persona and in support of our solutions and industries teams
- Brings excellent leadership and teamship to the company, interfaces optimally with Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing
- Deeply understands target personas and segments, how customers buy and users adopt our products, and the value they derive from them.
- Understands the power of community in an open source environment
- Has experience in developing messaging for multiple audiences, including both developers and IT Decision-makers, that can be adapted across various channels, social, web, events, etc.
- Clearly articulates Company's position and differentiation in the market.
- Creates curate, and present compelling content and sales enablement
- Represents the company at speaking engagements, conferences, and other demand gen opportunities.
- Leads and champions a growing PMM team, including hiring and development of talent.
What You Will Bring
Being successful will require you to bring to Company relevant domain expertise - proven industry experience in cloud technologies, search, infrastructure monitoring, DevOps and related technologies. Familiarity with Company technology is a plus. In detail, we would love to hear from you if you have:
- Well-respected leader who has built, scaled and lead teams consisting of 10-15 people within a Product Marketing and Technical Marketing function
- Experience leading outbound product initiatives focused on enterprise customers with sophisticated requirements.
- Experience leading product marketing collaborating with other functions across marketing, sales, and partner organizations.
- Creative energy, courage to throw out the playbook, and out of the box thinking, someone who is a futurist and can help supply the company's roadmap.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Experienced public speaker.
- Technically savvy with regards to our products, solutions, industries we play in or capable of learning very quickly
- Comfortable working in a very cross functional role with a highly distributed team
- One or more domain relevant experiences is a plus (Cloud, Search, Observability, Security, Open-Source)
- Sales Enablement experience is a requirement