We are seeking an experienced marketing leader who thrives in a fun, fast-paced, changing start-up environment to join our team as Vice President of Marketing!
The VP of Marketing will play a critical role in helping to build the Marketing department and to scale marketing functions for product launch and growth. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference and get involved in the early stages of product innovation and ensure that customer needs are met. A key member of our executive team, this individual must bring a passion for health care and for consumers.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, implement and execute on a strategic marketing plan
- Articulate our marketing vision in agreement with our corporate values.
- Build marketing KPIs and metrics
- Interface with key opinion leaders, media and stakeholders through creative PR strategies
- Recruit top talent for our marketing team
- Review the market and landscape to ensure successful product launch and further optimization
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Biological or related science field; may consider a combination of other education or relevant work experience
- Minimum 10 years of previous experience leading marketing teams in a healthcare, CLIA, Medical Device or other biological sciences environment
- Previous experience working in start-up/change environments and with financial audits (preferred)
- Proven leadership skills with a track record of successful execution. (Required)
- Strong interpersonal skills to include active listening, coaching, advising, facilitating and problem solving are required. Ability to apply these skills at all levels and in diverse settings. (Required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. (Required)
- Attention to detail and follow up skills. (Required)
- Highly organized and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. (Required)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Slack, and other business programs. (Preferred)
- Ability to model and live the corporate values. (Required)
- Ability to work both in team environments and as an individual contributor
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibility, in a professional and discreet manner