As our new VP of Finance you will manage the coordination of company financial planning, budget, and cash management and in ensuring that company accounting procedures, transactions and reporting conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. We are looking for a financial executive with strong business acumen who thinks strategically, is results driven, and builds strong teams.
- Oversee general and cost accounting operations and ensure that the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP, including review of monthly journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Primary interface to the auditors.
- Oversee banking operations, payroll, stock administration, tax reporting and insurance.
- Lead Financial Planning & Analysis activities: 5-year strategic financial planning, annual budget setting, actual versus budget analysis and reporting, forecasts and outlook, scenario planning, financial reporting for board of directors.
- Support the CEO in financing activities.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain internal controls for key processes.
- Provide business support for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Manage financial information systems design, implementation, enhancement, monitoring and controls.
- 15+ years of financial leadership experience; life sciences tools industry experience strongly preferred.
- BA, BS, or MS degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business with strong Accounting experience.
- CPA active license is a plus.
- Working experience with NetSuite is a plus.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management, and other functions within the organization.
- Strong team leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail with ability to move easily between hands-on work and strategic thinking.
- Ability to use critical thinking and strong business acumen to make sound business decisions.
- Proven experience on building a team and working in a collaborative manner.
Bonus points if:
- Are adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Are highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator.
- Are scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Have a passion for making a difference in the world.
- Have the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.