The VP, Consumer Marketing is responsible for expanding consumer awareness of, adoption and trial of, and advocacy for Company across the globe. S/he will drive strategy and execution of integrated consumer marketing programs at mass scale. S/he will also be responsible for maximizing co-marketing relationships with strategic accounts such as Burger King, Disney, and other nationally and globally known brands.
S/he will apply best-in-class approaches/processes around marketing, with a demonstrated track record of leveraging data to make informed, impactful decisions. This person should be an accomplished marketing and business leader able to inspire credibility from day one based on her/his approach and experiences.
The ideal candidate has a player/coach mindset and a roll-up-your-sleeves style to thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment. This person will demonstrate creativity, drive, energy and a strong bias for action. S/he will lead by example and will have a reputation for driving positive change. Further, s/he will be a team player and team builder and excel at collaborating, partnering and influencing decision making at all levels of the organization. The role will report to the SVP of Marketing in Redwood City, California.
- • Drive massive adoption and advocacy of Company’ products, measured by consumer trial and awareness rates reflective of a mainstream product as well as world-class NPS scores.
- • Create strategy for and execute consumer campaigns to meet the company’s aggressive sales goals across Impossible’s Food Service, Retail, and DTC channels
- • Collaborate with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and agencies -- including people in insights, communications, creative, sales, product and elsewhere -- to launch new products that the entire world desires.
- • Smartly combine always-on and seasonal campaigns to drive trial and awareness on a continual basis.
- • Oversee rigorous creative testing and asset optimization to maximize media spend
- • Maximize impact of co-marketing with existing strategic accounts such as Burger King, Starbucks and Disney as well as expected new relationships
- • Develop and execute strategy for expanding marketing partnerships in ways that enhance Company’ brand and business
- • Leverage consumer content in collaboration with cross-functional teams to grow and optimize Company’ channels
- • Create and nurture consumer affinity for and advocacy of Company’ products and mission
- • Take advantage of innovation in the marketplace to keep Company growing quickly by identifying, testing and scaling new media formats and marketing approaches
- • Be a core member of the marketing leadership team and a true cross-functional player
- • Challenge the status quo of “how things work” in the food industry to knock down barriers to grow the business faster than any food company ever has
- • 15+ years proven success in consumer marketing at top consumer brands with global reach, preferably through rapid growth phases
- • A deep interest in and passion for Company’ mission to eliminate animal agriculture and impact climate change
- • A reputation for taking smart risks and bringing mold-breaking ideas to life
- • A track record of great storytelling success and growing loved brands
- • Strong project/program management skills, and attention to detail in management in overseeing budgets, timelines and various assets/deliverables
- • Experience driving expansion in international markets
- • Proven success building effective, diverse teams and developing talent
- • Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- • A strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences
- • A highly collaborative approach with ability to lead across and collaborate with all types of functions (Sales, Communications, Insights, Product, Strategy, Operations, etc.)
- • Proven success working independently and navigating in a dynamic, exciting, high-growth environment. You help others embrace and navigate change to keep the organization nimble
- • Passion for consumer insights and a proven background launching new products as well as growing existing platforms and portfolios
- • Demonstrated success using data and insights to drive programs
- • A positive attitude and drive to excel