Healthcare leaders turn to Optum Advisory Services (OAS) for guidance, insights and practical strategies to help assert control over their organization’s future. We are more than just consultants. We are also operators with real-world healthcare experience, which helps clients hardwire and sustain more meaningful results that would otherwise not be achievable. As integrators across Optum, we deliver unique client-focused strategies and impact. Our proven track record driving success across the entire healthcare continuum empowers clients to grow, thrive and disrupt.
The Vice President of Advisory Services / Technology Services will be focused on design and delivery of complex Payor solutions, aligning the right technology solutions to our national commercial healthcare clients. This role will be responsible for selling recommendations to key stakeholders, managing a portfolio of customers and prospects, evaluating existing commercial insurance core claims systems, ensuring quality assurance, client satisfaction, team results, and for implementing the best solution to fit our unique client needs. This position will also oversee and mentor a team of direct reports.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Success in this role will be evaluated on the ability to sell, evaluate, design and deliver solutions that will effectively align to client needs, result in exceptional client satisfaction ratings, show positive engagement levels and to achieve profitability and revenue targets.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years of successful experience as a Senior Manager or Managing Director
- 10+ years of experience working in Management Consulting as a Senior Manager or Managing Director level, in a major national consulting firm performing Healthcare Payor Sales and Consulting
- 8+ years of core claims systems strategy experience with one or more core claims systems (FACETS, Amisys, ICA, Eldorado)
- Proven track record of meeting sales and revenue targets of $5M+
- Experience managing client relationships and delivering solutions that prove an understanding of large market client needs
- Proven success managing complex workplans across multiple clients is also a key skill for this role
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make healthcare work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where healthcare has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. The role is also eligible to participate in UHG’s annual bonus and long-term incentive plans. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telecommute, remote, work from home, Sr. Manager Consulting, Managing Director Consulting, Payor Technology Consulting, 921769