As VP of Marketing, you'll be a key member of Company's leadership team. This high-impact position is responsible for the development and execution of our marketing strategies and plans. In this role, you'll constantly be thinking about new ideas and ways to disrupt the status quo with differentiated positioning and messaging. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand and address how Company technology translates into meaningful and actionable insight for customers. You'll love this role if you like getting your hands dirty and are excited about building things from scratch in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment.
Successful candidates will have a reputation as a high-performer who’s an expert at their craft, but is humble and hungry to change the way Enterprise Sales is delivered. You should be gifted at using data to tell a story, and be able to share this with our customers, prospects, analysts, employees and investors.
Specifically, you will:
- Implement a scalable, repeatable marketing process that results in a high-impact Go-to-Market strategy with appropriate cross-functional support and readiness.
- Lead market and customer needs definition by conducting primary research to develop differentiated value messaging and positioning. Serve as the voice of the customer and drive the findings into the product team, sales team, leadership, and deliverables. Conduct ongoing primary research through interviews, customer advisory boards, etc., to extract insight relative to product messaging, product enhancements, sales/market fit and the like.
- Be the keeper of our Messaging Source Document as an input to all downstream marketing and sales content, translating features and functions into value propositions.
- Lead the Demand Generation function to create ideas for campaigns and tell compelling stories that support demand generation programs and create pipeline.
- Develop a content strategy for the development and maintenance of internal and external-facing content including thought leadership assets, customer advocacy, website content, social media, direct and indirect sales assets including sales training, positioning, FAQs, battlecards, and more.
- Communicate the value proposition of the products for sales enablement and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products.
- Participate in the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of industry-agnostic plans.
- Build Company’s brand by implementing a comprehensive PR and AR strategy.
- Spearhead market intelligence through in-depth industry and competitive analysis, while consistently devising programs that outpace the competition.
- Develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand through direct and partner channels within the industry.
- Work closely with the sales management to develop strategies that consist of sales assets, training, pricing and bundled offerings.
- Minimum of 15 years in marketing, preferably with SaaS or cloud offerings in a high-growth company, with at least 3 years in a VP role.
- Track record of building/leading marketing with demonstrated success at high-growth companies with a global presence, and indirect and direct channels. Thorough understanding of marketing processes, product marketing, and Go-To-Market strategy.
- Experience leading the development of effective product launches, utilizing the talents of a cross-functional group of directly managed and influenced resources to achieve success and market impact. Ability to influence the team to buy-in fully to the approach and execute goals and objectives with enthusiasm.
- Critical thinking, strategic acumen, and the ability to synthesize competitive trends, market data, and customer insights into a plan of action.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change. Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills. Able to weigh multiple, sometimes conflicting points-of-view and drive a decision.
- Ability to manage and plan at both the strategic and operational levels and to consistently meet or exceed planned objectives.
- Able to work effectively and build credibility with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating high EQ and executive presence.
- A proven track record identifying, recruiting, and developing talent, ability to lead in a dynamic business.Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Demonstrated success in product launches and end-to-end execution of supporting marketing strategies.
- Excellent communication skills a must; written and oral, including presentation and product demonstration experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Expert user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel and productivity tools used for Marketing automation.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, communication studies, business administration or a related discipline, Master’s preferred.