This role is designed for someone who is eager to drive the next level of innovation within the e-commerce logistics space within the next 6-12 months.
We are looking for a high-energy logistics expert to dive in, bring a knack for doing the impossible, and scaling logistics infrastructure at lightning speed. If you are highly curious with the ability to think strategically and can effectively execute through multiple levels - then we want you as part of our team.
This role is not your ordinary job, there is never a dull day! The team you will be working with have all been there, done that, and bought the tshirt! This can be done and we know this strategic leader will get us there.
At Company, we 're looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our 'favorite ' solution.
What you 'll do:
- Develop, coordinate, and implement a clear and effective supply chain vision and plan to meet merchant 's demands. Working cross functionally with other senior team members, the Vice President 's accountability will encompass demand planning and forecasting, supply planning for regional products, and collaboration with domestic product supply chain planning, order fulfillment, customer service, logistics, distribution & inventory management.
- Lead and direct the Company logistics team. Of importance will be the responsibility to set the vision and standards, direct the function, and build a strong team aligned with the strategy to supervise the major functions inherent within the scope of responsibility. Provide effective leadership to achieve the customer delivery, cost, performance, and improved productivity and quality objectives set for the business.
- Strategically design and direct all functions of Company Logistics and Transportation Teams within the Company 's distribution network. Responsible and accountable for all Transportation-related costs for both interplant freight movement and customer delivery freight movements within the distribution network.
- Leadership for the Sales and Operations (S&OP) process.
- Accountable for assessing the performance of objectives. Design systems to measure supplier qualification and performance, customer service metrics, and to measure inventory and delivery metrics against the financial plan and best-in-class standards.
- Develop and maintain a strong talent organization by selecting, appointing, and developing people who embody the culture, skills and drive contributing growth of Company.
- Drive associate engagement throughout teams to improve individual leader and business performance.
- Direct all functions within budgets and drive cost improvement year-over-year. Develop effective organizational structures.
- Creates a motivating environment to help people through change in a positive manner successfully; fosters open communications, continuous improvement, and innovation; minimizes complexity; maintains stability; involves others in decision making.
- Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates globally with diverse, and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
What you 'll bring to the table:
- BS/BA degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field from an accredited college or university; MBA or MA/MS in supply chain management is a plus.
- As a logistics leader, 15+ years of experience in end-to-end supply chain, business acumen, who can bring integrated business planning, warehouse & distribution management, logistics, and customer service.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of parcel, freight, and intermodal transportation areas.
- Knowledge and practice of lean manufacturing methodologies, logistics management, domestic and international transportation, and the systems ' processes and metrics that support continuous improvements.
- Excellent analytical skills and solid business acumen.
- Experience managing and operating P&L responsibilities of $200M+ annual transportation/logistics spend.