The VP, HR Business Partner will develop the HR strategy and drive the execution of solutions to ensure business success for our company’s Business. You will be a trusted advisor and partner to senior executives and lead a talented and dedicated team of HR Business Partner professionals. This position will provide HR Business Partner support to drive overall organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, organizational design, leadership coaching, employee engagement, culture strategies, and change and transformation leadership. This position also supports the HR service delivery model by collaborating with other HRBPs and COEs to advance our commitment to “consistent standard of care” for every employee and ensure that the COEs have the information, guidance, and feedback needed to ensure capabilities that support our talent strategy.
- Business insight. Understand the organization's business strategies. Aware of relevant external business competition, conditions and trends.
- Strategic thinker. Enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or business opportunities.
- Collaborative partner. Build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Analytical problem solver. Go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Financial acumen. Understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and HR actions.
- HR acumen. Expert knowledge of people management skills. Understands end-to-end HR functions including staffing, total rewards, learning & development. Good working knowledge of current legal, regulatory and governmental labor environment.
- Partnering and influence. Determine and present solutions in ways that are heard, understood and supported. Add insight that positively influences executive leadership decision-making. Communicate with clarity, conviction and confidence across regions/cultures, including upward when needed.
- Personal credibility. Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight. Ability to maximize relationships, build trust, communicate effectively is required to analyze HR issues and provide information, direction and advice as described.
- Prioritization. Outstanding planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are essential. Able to meet multiple deadlines and challenging priorities within restricted timeframes is required. Superb communication skills, and ability to build relationships with client groups is essential, and excellent customer service skills.
- Workforce Planning. Partner with assigned leader(s) to identify long term talent and capabilities needed to deliver the business strategy.
- Organization Development & Effectiveness. Identify opportunities to architect effective and dynamic organizational designs and development interventions, promoting efficiency and team engagement. Offer thought leadership in understanding the impact of restructurings/changes on the organization. Act as an organizational champion in building organizational capabilities, reducing complexity and maximizing team performance.
- Change Management. Develop change management plans to deliver required outcomes. Partner with assigned leader(s) to leverage change acceleration techniques, create team effectiveness plans, enable culture development plans, bring employee engagement plans to life, and drive inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- HR Mergers & Acquisitions. Thought leadership in understanding the human capital elements of acquisitions, developing activities that facilitate integration of culture, organization, talent, systems and processes
- COE Partnership. Leverage Centers of Expertise (COE), Shared Services and approved external resources, programs, tools, and methodologies to deliver on client group’s needs, often facilitating work through others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- You have expert knowledge of HR theories, practices and principles as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or OD. Master’s Degree preferred, but not required.
- 15+ years of proven and progressing HR responsibility and experience required.
- Previous demonstrated experience interacting with COE's and business leaders.
- Added advantage if you have functional experience and demonstrated success in OD/OE concepts and practices including strategy development and execution of organizational change, leading large complex projects.
- Excellent meeting design and facilitation skills. Strong problem-solving skills is a must.
- Ability to handle ambiguity with ease.
- Superb judgment and integrity, including a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work both tactically and strategically to get business needs met.
- Proven attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities a must, along with the ability to problem-solve when appropriate.
- Clearly demonstrated aptitude in leading in a global, matrixed organization.