Healthcare leaders turn to Optum Advisory Services (OAS) for guidance, insights and practical strategies to help assert control over their organization’s future. We are more than just consultants. We are also operators with real-world healthcare experience, which helps clients hardwire and sustain more meaningful results that would otherwise not be achievable. As integrators across Optum, we deliver unique client-focused strategies and impact. Our proven track record driving success across the entire healthcare continuum empowers clients to grow, thrive and disrupt.
Optum Advisory Services is seeking a Vice President, Healthcare Managed Analytics to provide growth, strategic, and operational leadership in the area of healthcare provider and payer analytics. The Vice President will be responsible for driving growth as a leader of a managed services analytics business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the development of managed analytics programs to meet emerging customer needs, including analytics strategy, operating model design, governance structures, data platforms and architecture, and talent
- Design and architect managed analytics programs, including partial and fully outsourcing analytics functions for payer and provider clients
- Work with clients to develop vision and economic benefits of building managed analytics programs
- Build and own relationships with clients (both provider and payer) to develop managed analytics programs
- Work closely with consulting teams, product teams, and sales colleagues to evangelize analytical services on a multi-year basis
- Drive growth as a leader of a managed services end-to-end business around analytics
- Oversee a team that identifies and delivers managed service programs around analytics; recruit, development, and coach/mentor team as part of growth of business
- Own P&L and deliver growth expectations for revenue and margin
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of experience working in Management Consulting as a Senior Manager, Associate Partner or Partner level for consulting OR Senior Leadership experience at the Strategy VP level or above within a large healthcare organization
- 3+ years experience building, leading, and managing large rebadging / managed services initiatives, including a deep understanding of how to structure initiatives and all related operational functions
- 3+ years including deep experience in understanding health ecosystem - understand parameters around how payers and providers are working, how they work together, and how analytics is enabling transformation
- 1 year proven ability to manage a P&L of $3M+ against targets and deliver to targets
- Background in meeting or exceeding team sales targets of $3M+
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Data Science
- 6+ years of experience working in healthcare payer or provider analytics
- Solid business development background in a consulting environment
- Expertise in analytical methodologies and algorithms
- Understanding of how analytics functions perform, what the capabilities are, what works and what does not, processes, and models
- Understanding of how to sell managed analytics with organizations moving into value based care
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make healthcare work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where healthcare has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. The role is also eligible to participate in UHG’s annual bonus and long-term incentive plans. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: telecommute, remote, work from home, healthcare analytics, healthcare analytics consulting, managed service analytics, 920058