Company is seeking a strategic and operationally focused individual with experience, intellect, financial and strategic acumen and strong leadership skills to join as Vice President of Finance for Technology Ecosystems. This role will be responsible for partnering with Company’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and her leadership team to identify and execute key initiatives, accelerate growth and improve operating leverage to help Company achieve its strategic vision to be an AI-driven expert platform company.
Company is the global leader in financial management software. We have pioneered the shift to cloud computing for consumers, small businesses and those that serve them. We are rethinking how we can impact customer’s financial lives so profoundly they would never go back to the old way. This means dramatically rethinking how we simplify taxes, finding new ways to help consumers save more money, and working with others to leverage the data we have to solve new problems. Our efforts to give back to the community, attract great leadership, and invest in our employees has resulted in us consistently placing in the top Great Places to Work.
Company Finance is known for highly analytical leaders with exceptional business acumen. They work in close partnership with leaders across the Company to drive growth and accelerate profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership. Our team is a small and nimble team, working in a highly collaborative environment. We are looking for a dynamic, experienced finance leader to drive change, provide operational rigor, evaluate and make investments, and deeply understand all aspects of our business. You will be a key member of the leadership team, working closely with other finance and business leaders inside these teams and horizontally across the company.
What you'll bring
- 15+ years of progressive finance experience driving success in complex, fast growing businesses. Experience working in the technology industry with understanding of R&D budgets preferred
- A track record of being respected as a thought partner by enterprise colleagues, including leveraging strategic and analytical capabilities to make sound, timely decisions based on business input including evaluating risk versus expense versus the client experience.
- Acts decisively in making solid, informed judgment calls in response to both the planning, budget and expense management environment and the day-to-day business issues.
- Developed policies and procedures that scale with an increasing set of challenges through a company’s lifecycle
- Acted as a partner to various business teams that rely on the finance organization
- Track record of empowering and actively fostering the growth and development of individuals. Experienced in effectively assessing, selecting and developing talent for the firm; adept at providing balanced, direct and actionable feedback to employees.
- Grace under pressure with a good sense of humor and dose of humility
- An undergraduate degree is required and a masters degree is preferred
How you will lead
- Play a lead role in providing strategic guidance and thought partnership to the CTO and executives within Company’s Technology organization. They will be expected to quickly understand the complexity of the company and industry, identifying areas that need immediate attention and help effect change
- Lead the strategic and financial planning process across the Technology Ecosystem and in partnership with Company’s Business Segments, Customer Success Ecosystem and Accelerating Functions
- Actively participate and advise on Company technology strategy and business opportunities, and provide thought partnership around understanding business drivers and their impact
- Provide visibility and accountability for the financial performance of the business
- Interpret business analytics and external data to develop or revise strategies and operating plans
- Ensure that the operating infrastructure is in place to support the achievement of financial targets and long-range plans aligned with the organization's strategic plans
- Manage team of finance leaders and professionals in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly gain trust, engage in constructive debate, and work directly with a broad group of senior executives, including partnering with peer leaders across Finance and other functions
- Lead ongoing change in an evolving organization by articulating a clear case for change and gain shared vision with employees through effective, frequent and timely communication
- Recruit and mentor a high performing team, including ensuring members have the resources, skills, and capabilities they need to provide exceptional finance support