We are looking for a VP, Finance & Strategy to join our dynamic & fast-paced team. This person will report to the CFO and be an integral part of the finance team. Responsibilities include helping drive the strategy and accountability of the business through detailed operational forecasts, margin analysis, weekly performance reporting, quarterly business reviews and strategic financial planning across the company. He/she will play a critical role in defining the company strategy and ensuring we execute on the plan and achieve profitable growth.
At Company, we 're looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our 'favorite ' solution.
What you 'll do:
- Be the CFO to all department leaders and drive improvements across the P&L with a keen focus on improving contribution margin
- Provide month-end, quarter-end budget to actual variance analysis and lead the preparation for the annual operating plan by engaging with leadership to build strategic plans and targets and convert into the financial budget
- Understand the trade-offs between different product offerings and impact on the business
- Evaluate sales and marketing acquisition channels (merchant size, operational complexity, packaging preferences etc) and develop models to measure fulfillment center capacity and labor planning changes if required based on new merchants in the pipeline
- Assist in preparation and presenting weekly financial and operational KPIs for the fulfillment network and highlighting key business metrics, variance to budget and other relevant trends
- Advanced experience in demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis related to all areas of the business
- Other responsibilities as needed.
What you 'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related degree.
- 10-15 years of experience in Commercial Finance, FP&A, investment banking, private equity, consulting, or another related field.
- Must have: strong financial modeling skills and understanding of financial statement analysis including balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Demonstrated analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of key results.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across various teams to drive the right outcomes.
- High comfort level with Netsuite, Microsoft Excel , Word and Powerpoint. Working knowledge of SQL a plus.
- Able to work independently to meet deadlines within time constraints and detail-oriented.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can think critically about business challenges while simultaneously absorbing new knowledge and information.
- Have a passion for results and love getting into the details. Able to thrive in a dynamic startup environment and can navigate the ambiguities that come with it.