Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a part of OptumHealth, Optum Behavioral Health is seeking a VP, Behavioral Health Government Sector. The VP, Behavioral Health Government Sector will serve as a member of the Behavioral Health leadership team and be accountable for all Government Behavioral Health lines of business for Behavioral. This is a critical leadership position that has P&L accountability for Behavioral Health’s biggest client group, driving its growth, transformation and core execution. This position will have executive accountability for the behavioral solutions portfolio for both internal government business and external government, continuously reviewing the portfolio of offerings with key data and insights to determine how to evolve the portfolio to best serve our customers. This executive will work closely with the Behavioral Health Government Leadership and Executive Directors of each market to support the evolution of strategies and approaches to the respective customer needs and enhancing the portfolio based on the voice of the member and customer.
The VP, Behavioral Health Government Sector will have deep knowledge of rate setting methodology for government programs, state and federal health care policy, government program health plan design and structure risk benefit design, management and pricing. This executive will work across the Behavioral Health organization to drive decisions on government business and lead required governance with appropriate firewalls across internal and external customers. This will be done in close collaboration with Product Development, Health Care Economics, Underwriting, Actuarial, Finance, Growth and Optum Health Engagement.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Overall responsibility for product/services results (P&L, NPS, Affordability) across assigned customer segment
- Prioritizes and optimizes current portfolio of offerings - drives and owns priorities on enhancements to existing offerings. These offerings extend beyond core benefit coverage, and include care delivery and digital assets – in service of customer, member and provider needs.
- Own the engagement with UHC Government Segments and external Government clients, including counties and State Government.
- Drives Risk Benefit Management and Development - encompasses core Behavioral Coverage as well as broader specific benefit solution design
- Collaboration with Finance on annual rate and ISA development. Oversight and decision-right over underwriting and final pricing decisions
- Partner with VP Gov’t Solutions and Growth Team on business development opportunities including re-bids and new opportunities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in each of the following:
- insurance product management
- healthcare benefit plan design and implementation
- behavioral benefit plan design and implementation and/or underwriting and pricing
- 10+ years of combined experience in the following: healthcare benefits and services; sales and customer account management; underwriting and actuarial services; emerging healthcare trends
- 10+ years of experience in client and customer relationship management
- P&L ownership experience in current or previous role
- Experience leading a team of 20 or more individuals
- Experience working within a risk-based product organization
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- MBA or MHA degree
- Experience working in a Behavioral Care industry/organization
- Actuarial or Underwriting background
- Experience working with Medicaid and/or Community & State
- Experience in Product Development
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
What makes an Optum organization different?
- We understand the significance of Value Base Care and our power as change agents to positively impact health disparities and iniquities
- Optum embraces inclusion and diversity and understands the significance of individual unique strengths and attributes
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Short-Term Incentives
- Annual UHG Equity Award
- Health, Dental Vision Plans
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- 401K w/company match
- Additional benefits as outlined in Optum Leader Benefits PDF
- Work as an integral leader within a Fortune 500 company that is changing the face of healthcare
- Remote employee option
- Career Growth and Development support
- Ability to travel as needed
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $250,000 to $325,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VP, Behavioral Health, Government Sector, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote