Our client is looking for a User Experience Designer to join the Ecosystems team to own and lead one or more features that enable third party partners and developers to work better together with smart home solutions. Specifically, we are exploring and designing the user experiences for how smart home consumers purchase, install, setup, control, and use third party devices in their Smart Homes.
You will be a thought partner to product managers and engineers by navigating ambiguity and applying design thinking to contribute to early product definition and strategy. You will work in tight collaboration with user research to develop deep user insights, and will develop a compelling vision of what the ideal user experience could be.
We're moving fast, so being able to take a vision and break it down into feasible and iterative product releases is key. You'll apply your design sense to not only create solutions that make complex products feel simple and intuitive, but you will also apply your strong visual aesthetic to create solutions that are elegant and beautiful to users.
You should have an inspiring portfolio, great design sense, a love for complex problems and the ability to clearly articulate how a product should work both in software and in the physical world.
- Strategize, brainstorm, and define key software features for one or more products
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into tangible and beautiful design deliverables
- Balance the ability to define a future state vision as well as delivering iterative product releases (think Minimum Delightful Experiences)
- Advocate for changes, refinements, and ongoing improvements based on user insights and feedback and well as new business requirements
- Author, iterate, and maintain documentation including storyboards, flows, information architecture, journey maps, wireframes and low-fidelity mockups, prototypes, as well as final pixel-perfect visual designs.
- Collaborate with other designers and disciplines such as user researchers, UX engineers, voice interaction designers, industrial designers, motion designers, human factors and physical ux designers, etc,
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams of engineers, product managers, and marketing
- Partner with other teams at company
- Work with 3P partners and developers outside of the company
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities
- Drive UX decisions forward by applying design thinking and design principles
- Visualize the ideal user experiences by creating artifacts such as journey maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, conceptual mocks, and finalized visual designs
- Collaborate with cross-PA design and product teams to explore, align, and execute concepts and ideas together.
- 7+ years of experience in UX Design Ability to distill complex processes into simple, clear, user interactions.
- Experience with information architecture and defining new ways to organize information and experiences.
- Strong UX and interaction design skills.
- Strong visual design skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to extend existing design systems, such as Material Design, but also the ability to define new patterns and ways to extend current design languages.
- High organization and efficiency working with multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with bringing consumer-centric design sensibilities to B2B digital experiences.
- Ability to deliver relevant design artifacts based on project needs, such as: UX Frameworks Journey Maps User Flow Diagrams Conceptual designs, mocks, and wireframes Pixel-perfect visual designs and specs.
- Ability to articulate a story, tell a narrative, and present both high-level concepts as well as detailed designs to team members, leadership, and project stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Figma.
- Proficiency with creating clickable prototypes using Figma, InVision, or other prototyping tools.
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no corp to corp)
- Illustration and graphic design Motion design and animation skills
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”