Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
CDK Global is transforming the car buying process for both automotive dealers and car buyers. To achieve this lofty goal, we are deeply engaging with our users to ensure that our products ignite efficiency and productivity while being delightfully easy to use. The User Experience Design group at CDK is focused on the quality of the interactions people have with our technology and is looking for professionals that employ the principles and techniques of User Centered Design to join us. UX @ CDK follows a multi-disciplinary approach that focuses on all the users' emotions, beliefs, preferences, perceptions, and behaviors through an iterative research and design process.
The User Experience Design team has a high-profile responsibility within CDK. As a UX Designer you will have the opportunity to make a huge impact across a large number of automotive dealerships. You will participate in user research, and make recommendations and improvements for our dealer facing products. You’ll work directly with UXD leaders, business, product and engineering stakeholders.
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in User Experience, Human Factors, or similar background, with 1-2 of professional experience. Relevant academic or internship work would be considered.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating a range of artifacts developed in creating a variety of solutions.
- Awareness of design fundamentals including the basic components of the design thinking lifecycle, usability heuristics.
- In-depth knowledge of basic UX skills such as identifying users, sketching, iterating, wireframing, receiving feedback from peers as well as from users, and implementing changes.
- Able to develop in-depth understanding of products that are being worked on, as well as other products throughout the business.
- Possess a natural curiosity and ability to interpret impact of emerging standards and technology.
- Familiarity with created deliverables such as competitive analysis, customer journey maps, workflows, contextual inquiry guides, research plans, user testing plans, and summary findings reports.
- Ability to actively participate in design and discovery workshops.
- Experience with modern design tools and workflows (Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC, Figma, etc.)
- Familiarity with design thinking tools such as Mural or Miro
- Familiarity with global design systems and their application in the enterprise is also a plus.
- Basic understanding of research methodologies (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile work processes and tools that support them, such as Jira and Confluence.
- Some familiarity with front-end development such as HTML/CSS, JS/REACT/VUE, etc. is a plus.
- Stay abreast of changing UX design methodologies and tools, as well as corporate, organization, and industry standards to ensure we deliver high quality products.
- Apply global UI standards and design systems effectively, identify areas of improvement, and offer solutions.
- Estimate design tasks for the purposes of timeline planning.
- Identify key performance indicators on a feature-by-feature basis.
- Reach out for design feedback from peers, and iterates as necessary.
- Ask questions to ensure a clear understanding of current and future tasks, and to help manage relative priorities.
- Provide clear communication and status updates, and proactively involve UX leadership in critical discussions
- Maintain positive relationships and collaborate with product and engineering stakeholders to manage expectations, balance priorities, and advocate for users
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.