Mott MacDonald is actively growing its water practice in North America. We are currently seeking a practice leader for our Western USA operations. Location for this position will be flexible within our West Coast operations, though the preferred location would be San Ramon, CA, San Jose, CA or Lakewood, CO. You will be tasked with supporting opportunities and project execution of water related projects throughout the West Unit, in close coordination with our operations throughout North America and worldwide. The position offers great potential for professional growth and the opportunity to collaborate with not only with water resources personnel, but with our many practices including dams, geotechnical, energy and transportation. The qualified candidate must have strong leadership and project management experience and direct business development experience during their career, with the ability to generate project leads, build client relationships and win work and oversee project execution.
This position requires direct interaction with clients and the ability to manage and mentor Mott MacDonald professionals. The role will require management of design teams comprising Mott MacDonald’s supporting technical disciplines and specialty sub-consultants.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, in coordination with the current water practice personnel, a growth plan for water in the Western US, and implementation of the growth plan.
- Interacting with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Client contact, business development, identifying and generating project opportunities.
- Executing project management duties including managing and tracking budgets, invoicing, assessing staffing requirements.
- Preparing technical and cost proposals.
- Providing leadership/mentoring to technical staff.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with team members, clients, and contractors.
- Preparation of written reports and permit applications,
- Preparation of construction documents, plans and technical specifications, and
- Preparation of project schedules, quantity estimates and opinions of cost
We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- BS in Civil Engineering is required. Master’s Degree is desired.
- Professional Engineer licensed in CA or CO is preferred with the ability to obtain professional engineering licenses in these and other states, as required.
- An ideal candidate will have at least 20 years of experience directly related to the performance/management of the tasks described above.
- Ability to assemble, evaluate, manage and guide project teams is required.
- Direct experience completing projects with clients in California or Colorado.
- Proven experience with the development of technical work products including but not limited to design and inspection reports, permit applications and construction documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to speak publicly.
- Experience in providing technical and project leadership to staff-level or junior engineers.
- Occasional out-of-town travel will be required.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.