Ref ID: 00420-0011659610
A top South Bay law firm is looking for an experienced Estate Planning Paralegal to join their team. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of trust and estate planning experience, trust administration experience is required. The firm offers top compensation, unlimited PTO, and a flexible schedule.
You will be handling all aspects the trust and estate administration process. Responsibilities will include:
• Attend initial client meetings, summarize background facts and information, assist attorneys with obtaining relevant client information and/or documents, organizing client information and documentation, and document intake.
• Preparation of legal compliance documents, including but not limited to service of legal notices and submission of legal compliance documents to appropriate agencies.
• Scan/copy and transmit documents to clients and file maintenance.
• Collection and inventory of estate asset information, valuation of estate assets utilizing firm’s existing EstateVal valuation software, and other accepted firm protocols.
• Support attorneys in handling all aspects of an estate administration client matter, including but not limited to: communicating with client, professional colleagues, financial institutions and/or others relevant to case matter.
• Assist attorneys with preparation of required Court pleadings, manage traditional and electronic Court filings, attend to communications with Court as required and provide support to attorneys for Court hearings.
• Draft correspondence and client documents as needed.
• Preparation of federal estate tax returns, Form 706 and/or federal gift tax returns. Form 709 as required.
• Maintain and facilitate ongoing coordination and communication with supervising attorney to facilitate high level of support to attorneys and clients.
• Prepare and/or file all documents necessary to affect distribution of estate assets to beneficiaries and close out the estate.