This position travels to our different Health Centers across California (Watsonville, Salinas, Santa Maria, Santa Barbara)
Everside Health is a national on-site, near-site and virtual primary care provider on a mission to fix America’s broken healthcare delivery model. We are technology-driven and care-obsessed. With our expanding reach, scale, and expertise, we truly make an impact on a national level by serving more clients and improving the health of more people, all while achieving the goal of reducing the total cost of healthcare for employers and organizations. That’s why we exist – and our relentless focus through care delivery access, technology, transparency, and relationships drives us every day.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Certified Medical Assistant to join our team and provide services to our Santa Maria, CA medical center as well as other Western region locations. The Medical Assistant is a key component of our care team and works closely with a primary care physician to deliver excellent patient care and provide an exceptional guest experience to our patients. Because of our unique model, our Medical Assistants oversee the full spectrum of the patient experience- acting both as a Medical Receptionist as well as assuming clinical responsibilities of a Medical Assistant. We provide a fully comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Escorts patients to room and ensures that exam rooms are thoroughly cleaned and stocked
- Reviews previous medical information and gathers any relevant updated health information from the patient to inform the provider
- Take patient vitals performs any needed laboratory tests
- Perform blood draws and basic laboratory tests. Work with the contracted labs for additional tests
- Give injections, bandage wounds, assist with procedures
- Prepares and administers approved medications and immunizations via oral, topical, inhaled, intramuscular, subcutaneous or intradermal at the direction of and upon written order from the Provider
- Partners with other members of the care team to develop individual patient plan of care including identifying and working to address gaps in care
- Front desk duties, including: patient scheduling, documentation, check-in, check-out, etc.
- Work on Electronic Medical Record (EMR) entering patient information and maintain confidentiality of patients and their records
- Coordinate specialist visits, referrals, and other care outside of the clinic
- Documents care provided accurately on patient records.
- Records accurate and pertinent data in the medical record according to documentation guidelines
- Process test results and provide the patient with timely results via e-message, mail or phone as directed in written instructions by the Provider
- Participates in outreach to patients to drive engagement among eligible patient groups
- Maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment for treatments
- Prefer minimum of 2 years' experience, preferably in Primary Care. May vary based on clinic needs.
- Minimum graduation from a formal Medical Assistant program or other related program.
- CPR/BLS certification
- National Medical Assistant certification, preferred
- Passionate about transforming the way healthcare is delivered
- Desire to improve the quality of care for people
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment where patient’s come first
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for creating and driving best practices
- Willingness to go the extra mile for patients