We are looking to hire a hands-on and motivational leader for our Daniels’ medical waste treatment facility in Hayward, CA who will provide personnel, route, and management support to Daniels drivers to ensure service is executed cost-effectively, efficiently, productively, and to the Daniels standard per our service agreements.
What will your job involve?
- Provides daily pre-departure support; load trucks, double check manifests & routes, quality check transporters and brief employees, hold tail gate safety meeting with drivers weekly
- Ensures Drivers manage routing to ensure maximum productivity (includes keeping drivers within their assigned routes and raising issues where required)
- Maintains inter-departmental communication between our plant operations, sales, and field service teams
- Performs daily route debrief session to solve problems and manage customer service issues
- Manages driver conduct and performance including the facilitation of competence evaluations and performance reviews
- Coordinates vehicle servicing and rectification of equipment issues to improve vehicle performance as required
- Responsible for ensuring Driver compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation and principles
- Facilitates quality checks on all product unloaded and loaded into trucks pre and post trip
- Manages people operational costs by limiting overtime, keeping an ideal headcount to meet performance goals, and managing driver performance
- Fills in for drivers as needed to keep on track of scheduled routes
What are we looking for?
- A highly motivated leader with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, whilst keeping tight control of operational efficiencies and cost reductions. A leader who understands that communication, accountability and personal example are the cornerstones of servant leadership and will be just as comfortable setting the example in transport as reviewing your P&L or planning a new customer rollout. Here’s some of the skills and attributes that would make you a great fit candidate:
- Valid Class A driver's license – being able to set an example for the team and fill in when necessary is crucial to being a hands-on leader!
- 24 months of verifiable, related behind the wheel commercial driving experience
- Clean 10 year DMV (dated within last 30 days) – we want to ensure you value safe driving as much as we do!
- 3+ years in a management or supervisor position
- Works well with others and can motivate people you work with.
- Ability to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records
- Ability and knowledge to safely load and properly block, brace, and secure the cargo
- Expert in rules of DOT, regulations, and log books
- Strong focus on Customer Service
- Proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Possess (or obtain) a valid DOT medical certificate
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with record-keeping discipline
- Ability to work weekends, holidays or flex hours as needed by production demands
- Proven experience in improving processes and procedures
Who are we?
We are a healthcare service company providing safety systems and medical waste collection for hospitals, medical centers, surgical centers, nursing homes and an array of customers within the healthcare setting. Our focus is delivering quality and safety-focused medical waste management services that reduce needlestick injuries, positively impact infection control and reduce environmental burden. As a service to our customers we dispose and treat medical waste on site at our treatment facilities across the U.S.
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.